Update URL/channel for nightly builds

• the releases.json from the nightlies is currently empty, we reorganized the images into subfolder to grant some kind of overview (we want to store a year of images)

the current releases script does not support subfolders at the moment

GitHub - LibreELEC/release-scripts: scripts used for generating releases.json
    scripts used for generating releases.json. Contribute to LibreELEC/release-scripts development by creating an account on GitHub.
    github.com
  • will the tar releases for updater come soon?

there are no plans to publish tar files because img.gz offers the same additional you install with that images

you can use img.gz to update too, there is no difference to a tar file in this regards

• not yet besides manually clicking at github, I plan to improve the displaying of the nightlies in several different ways so we make it a bit easier

• not yet besides manually clicking at github, I plan to improve the displaying of the nightlies in several different ways so we make it a bit easier

Nice work.

I have a few issues in the builds such as busybox binaries / ip table issues. Is it best to raise it as an issue in github or through the forum?

• Trivial question perhaps, is there an easy way to see what commits have been done since the previous nightly on github?

At https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv/commits/master you can see the (new) commits and on the 'right side' you'll see a 7 character string which is the abbreviated commit ID (first 7 chars of it; if you hover over it or click on it, you'll see the full commit ID).

For the Rock64, the latest (as of right now) is: LibreELEC-RK3328.arm-11.0-nightly-20220609-5cf5d46-rock64.img.gz (which is 0 bytes which isn't 'supposed' to happen)

After '11.0-nightly-<date>' you see 5cf5d46 which is that same 7 char string, ie commit ID, you can look up on GitHub.

The previous one is: LibreELEC-RK3328.arm-11.0-nightly-20220608-9d4c846-rock64.img.gz so the commits between 9d4c846 and 5cf5d46 is what has changed (essentially).

• I have 'show custom channels' enabled, and I have previously put 'https://test.libreelec.tv' in for the URL, but I no-longer get any LE11 test builds. Am I missing some change?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: As a follow-up, I have a 'main' system running LE10, and I can access this from my Windows PC with \\192.168.1.xxx, and browse the shares. I have a test system with LE11 test builds. SMB is enabled. But when I try to access it from the Windows PC, I get 'The network path was not found'. I am using the IP address reported by LE11 and also by my router, so it can't be this. This is why I need to use the LE11 test build channel.

Edited once, last by elliottmc (June 9, 2022 at 6:38 PM).

• Trivial question perhaps, is there an easy way to see what commits have been done since the previous nightly on github?

*I* always do the following:

1. I go to the nighly download page (for my NUC):

LibreELEC Nightly Builds

2. with the mouse I mark the git tag of the last build (today: c66e09a)

*I* need to start marking after the image size (today: 210.7 MiB) so the whole marked strings is now "c66e09a.img.gz 210.7 MiB"

Otherwise a download will start.

Cause I configured my firefox with a search field (right from the address bar) I'm able to temp. copy the above string to that search field.

- copying to a temporary file will do too -

3. now I just mark the git tag only (today: c66e09a) from the string "c66e09a.img.gz 210.7 MiB"

4. next I go to the LE github page:

GitHub - LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv: Just enough OS for KODI
    Just enough OS for KODI. Contribute to LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv development by creating an account on GitHub.
    github.com

5. I click "Pull requests"

6. I click " <number> Closed" (today: "6.265 Closed")

7. and paste the copied git tag after "is:pr is:closed " so it now reads "is:pr is:closed c66e09a" and hit enter key

=> I'll get the last merged patch merged into the last nightly

8. now I return to the prev. page (browser back one page) and search this last merged patch I got from 7.

- mostly -

all below is already in the current nightly

all above will come with next nightly

Edited 3 times, last by GDPR-7 (June 10, 2022 at 12:00 AM).

• cause my old download script for nighlies doesn't work anymore with the new download server layout I created a new one.

it could save some work for nightly testers and automate download/file copy work.

+++ EDIT +++

content moved to

Edited 3 times, last by GDPR-7 (June 10, 2022 at 5:17 PM).

• I have 'show custom channels' enabled, and I have previously put 'https://test.libreelec.tv' in for the URL, but I no-longer get any LE11 test builds. Am I missing some change?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: As a follow-up, I have a 'main' system running LE10, and I can access this from my Windows PC with \\192.168.1.xxx, and browse the shares. I have a test system with LE11 test builds. SMB is enabled. But when I try to access it from the Windows PC, I get 'The network path was not found'. I am using the IP address reported by LE11 and also by my router, so it can't be this. This is why I need to use the LE11 test build channel.

I too have been having network shares on SMB issues but priority for me has been to get the network up and running (openvpn / wireguard)

• I too have been having network shares on SMB issues but priority for me has been to get the network up and running (openvpn / wireguard)

Do you mean trouble accessing the shares on the Pi from a computer, or accessing SMB shares on a computer from the Pi.

I can ssh into the Pi from the PC, so I know there is no fundamental network problem. If I need to I can probably reboot the PC with Ubuntu and copy the update across from there.

• Do you mean trouble accessing the shares on the Pi from a computer, or accessing SMB shares on a computer from the Pi.

I can ssh into the Pi from the PC, so I know there is no fundamental network problem. If I need to I can probably reboot the PC with Ubuntu and copy the update across from there.

\\server\updates will work (and similar). It is the “browse” share list that is not working.

• Do you mean trouble accessing the shares on the Pi from a computer, or accessing SMB shares on a computer from the Pi.

I can ssh into the libreelec box as well. The smb shares are on but I cannot access them from any other device on the same network.