Beelink Gemini Lake Pentium X55 can't boot from USB-device

• HI,

today my X55 arrived and I started to setup Win10. This works fine.

In addition I want to make a dual boot system with LibreElec. Therefore I created an UBUNTU bootable stick ( ubuntu-20.04.1-desktop-amd64.iso ) with Rufus 3.11

But I can't get X55 to boot from an USB-stick. I tried several sticks, with no luck.

I know, I have to prepare windows for booting from my stick. I pressed shift while restarting windows, so I come to a screen where I can choose a device, the next screen displays me my bootable device, so I click it and only windows reboots.

As far as I know the machine is supposed to boot from the chosen device, or am I supposed to press a special key while starting the machine?

How can i get into the BIOS? F1-F12, DELETE didn't work.

I hope here is somebody who has the same Gemini X55and can help me out. Thanks.

Gemini X55

Earnie

• But I can't get X55 to boot from an USB-stick. I tried several sticks, with no luck.

Is (Intel) FastMode still enabled in the UEFI/BIOS?

Or perhaps the legacy mode needs to be used for booting.

Try creating the LE installer USB stick directly with Rufus.

I don't have a Beelink, but I do have a Asrock J5005.

I've used separate drives, it's makes it easier for me with multi-booting.

Grub is used as boot menu, and it has the LibreELEC via some manual editing in Ubuntu,

• Is (Intel) FastMode still enabled in the UEFI/BIOS?

Or perhaps the legacy mode needs to be used for booting.

The problem is, that I can't get into the UEFI/BIOS

I read sthg about pressing F7 but it doesn't work.

I just found a statement i a Beelink forum

enter the Boot menu by pressing F7 on the Keyboard (Make sure you have a keyboard connected to PC BOX)

Is it possible, the keyboard has to be in a special USB-socket? I plugged it in one of the four USB3.0 sockets, they're not labelled

• Usb3 ist Not working at BIOS post on Most Motherboards. Take a usb2 Port for Testing.

That's what I thought, but I don't have a USB2.

But I finally got it.

I just tested it with a real Monitor and voila I saw the Beelink logo with the keypress information ESC or DEL for entering setup and F7 for bootmenu.

The BIOS keypress-accepting-time was very low (1s).

I hope my TV can display the BIOS screen. I was pretty sure about typing DEL several times just after powering on the device. And sometimes it stuck, but I couldn't see anything (TV was in no-connection found modus).

Is there sthg I can do, so my TV can display the Logoscreen and the Bios?

• I just tested it with a real Monitor and voila I saw the Beelink logo with the keypress information ESC or DEL for entering setup and F7 for bootmenu.

The BIOS keypress-accepting-time was very low (1s).

Whenever that happens I usually wipe the keyboard like a piano, or just lots of keys at random.

Either it's the wrong or the correct key, but sometimes the bios/uefi gets overloaded that it simply stops or slows down.

• Also some TVs are not good at displaying the video resolution of the BIOS splash screen quickly enough for you to see the BIOS POST menu. PC monitors are often a bit better in this regard in my experience. Also in my experience cabled keyboards are often better than RF remote keyboards as BIOSs sometimes don't recognise the RF receivers quickly enough.

• Would you be able to change the booting preference ? so that you can boot from USB,

I have been having same device for a year, and recently i want to install Linux, but there is no way I can change the booting preference, it only boot from internal SSD.