Volume control on Recordings playback Rp3b

• I am running LibreELEC on a Raspberry 3b and I am quite impressed so far. Almost everything works - and I have spend quite some hours tinkering. But one thing is really annoying - when we playback recorded tv programs the volume control does not work. We mostly use a remote keyboard - and pressing volume up or down the volume dial shows up on the screen but does not change. When using volume up/down Android Kore (latest version from FDroid) nothing happens.

Volume control and all other controls works as expected everywhere else, just not the volume up/down during Recording playback!

Setup:

Rasberry 3b

NFS mounted media storage

output using hdmi trough Amplifier which splits out audio before sending video on to old tv screen

Default LibreELEC skin

TVHomRun from cable using TVheadend in LibreELEC

• Thanks - that solved it. But I dont really understand why. Am I using another videoplayer when I select a video frm the Recording folder in the DVR section - as opposed to when I select a video from the files folder from the Video section?

• When using passthrough the audio stream is transferred without any modification and decoded by the TV, AVR .... Therefore volume cannot be changed.

Without passthrough kodi is decoding the audio stream and the able to change the volume.

Furthermore it depends on the type of audio stream if passthrough is even possible for a video.

Another possibility for getting volume control for anything is to disable passthrough at all, but that can cause other unwanted effects.