9.2.1 on RPi4: HEVC from TV recording has no playback controls

• Hi folks,

just tried 9.2.1 on my RPi 4 2 GB. Thanks for all the work!

I face a problem: Playing back HEVC .ts files that are recordings of DVB-T2 shows I have no playback controls, i.e. I cannot jump forward or backward. Only control available is stop. Tried a clean install to make sure I had no old clutter, but problem remains.

If it helps, I can provide example files.

Thanks for help!

Hauke

• Afterthought: Using CoreELEC on Le Potato the very same files work fine. Full playback controls available.

• What hardware acceleration are you using?..try to change that in player settings..see if it makes any difference.

Does video skip steps from remote?

Edited once, last by Mario77 ().

• Only setting I was able to find was switch mmal on or off. You mean that one? If so: No effect... If not: Please guide me to the relevant setting. Thanks!

I also tried hdmi_enable_4kp60=1 in and out of config.txt. No effect, except that with it in my RPi gets unstable! Have no 4K display, so does not bother me...

• Only setting I was able to find was switch mmal on or off. You mean that one? If so: No effect... If not: Please guide me to the relevant setting. Thanks!

Yeah that's what i ment...just a tought.

• Certainly worth a try, thanks for the input! Any idea how to proceed? Any logs that might make sense to pull?

Can provide example video for anyone willing to check...