Official LE11 Test Images for Amlogic (Kodi-20)

• I'm not able to test anything related to DVB cards/drivers, so no idea. I also disable the driver-addons (so we don't ship them) as I'm using a kernel that's always ahead of support for compiling them, so the only option in AMLGX is the in-kernel drivers. I generally suggest people run DVB cards on a separate device so you can use whatever kernel/driver combo works reliably on the headend and a latest version of LE on the client device.

• To anyone with s912 boxes with gigabit LAN, how is your LAN speed? What about your 5GHz wifi speed? LAN speed is correct but wifi has little to be desire. I am pulling only about 40mbps using iperf from the box to my NAS drive. I would go with LAN but unfortunately where it is located, I am still in the process to pull CAT6.

On another note, seems this box reboot quite often whenever any HTTP call to update the repository. I am using mySQL and the update calls from my sickchill server. Oftens this would cause a reboot. Other times I am unable to see anything on my TV though sounds still comes through to the TV. The box then needed to be restarted again. Are there any patches or fix for this?

• I'm not able to test anything related to DVB cards/drivers, so no idea. I also disable the driver-addons (so we don't ship them) as I'm using a kernel that's always ahead of support for compiling them, so the only option in AMLGX is the in-kernel drivers. I generally suggest people run DVB cards on a separate device so you can use whatever kernel/driver combo works reliably on the headend and a latest version of LE on the client device.

OK, I think the tvheadend problem must be on the client side. I have now a tvheadend server running on my Odroid C2 with LE11, and a tvheadend server (kodi-pvr-hts) on my Ubuntu linux notebook, works great. But my tvheadend client on Odroid C2/LE11 still gives me trouble: video often starts purple/green, sometimes it does not start at all, and sometimes it keeps continuously choppy. Is this a tvheadend client or an LE11 problem? How could I find out?

• Is this a tvheadend client or an LE11 problem? How could I find out?

I consulted my magic 8-ball, and it said "could be" .. for a better answer you might need to share debug log files so we can see what media is being played; specifically what codec is being used and whether hardware decoding is active or not.

• I consulted my magic 8-ball, and it said "could be" .. for a better answer you might need to share debug log files so we can see what media is being played; specifically what codec is being used and whether hardware decoding is active or not.

I have pasted my kodi and tvheadend log files to

Ilvy99's logs · paste.gg

The codec data are:

Video-Decoder: ff-hevc_v4l2m2m-drm_prime (HW)

Pixel-Format: drm_prime

Deinterlace-Methode: none

Videostream: 1,920x1,080p, 1.78 AR, 50.000 FPS

• Ilvy99 the HEVC codec is not very optimised at the current time. It might help to enable adjust-refresh and set the whitelist to use 1080p @ 24/50/60Hz with 'doubled' modes working. The TV doesn't appear to have 23.976 or fractional rates like 29.97 or 59.94 but that shouldn't be an issue with PAL media; 25Hz should use 50Hz is doubling is on.

• Ilvy99 the HEVC codec is not very optimised at the current time. It might help to enable adjust-refresh and set the whitelist to use 1080p @ 24/50/60Hz with 'doubled' modes working. The TV doesn't appear to have 23.976 or fractional rates like 29.97 or 59.94 but that shouldn't be an issue with PAL media; 25Hz should use 50Hz is doubling is on.

Thanks for the suggestions. I enabled adjust-refresh on start/stop and set the whitelist to use 1080p @ 25/50/60Hz with 'doubled' modes working, but the video output issues persist :(

• m8s pro l (s912) boot fine but i dont have remote control and i cant get pass welcome to LibreElec setup screen. I have enable ssh and can connect with box but i cant find correct remote config files

• Still trying to fix my DVB problem. Here is a HEVC snippet that TVH recorded from DVB. My Odroid C2 LE11 does not play this: (attachment removed). Maybe this helps to further improve the HEVC codec.

Edited 2 times, last by Ilvy99 (March 6, 2022 at 4:39 PM).

• I have access to a German TVH installation for testing so if this is the original broadcast format it's probably not needed, but can you create a much larger sample; ~2 seconds is too short. NB: The "fix" will need someone to pick up a keyboard and do rework and optimisation on the HEVC codec. Right now it's in a state where I was able to dust off Maxime's known-unfinished code and get it compiled, but that's all. Sadly that's the limits of my coding abilities.

• I have access to a German TVH installation for testing so if this is the original broadcast format it's probably not needed, but can you create a much larger sample; ~2 seconds is too short. NB: The "fix" will need someone to pick up a keyboard and do rework and optimisation on the HEVC codec. Right now it's in a state where I was able to dust off Maxime's known-unfinished code and get it compiled, but that's all. Sadly that's the limits of my coding abilities.

I double checked again: The HEVC videos play perfectly on my Odroid C2 with LE9. The problems only occur with LE10 and LE11. I am surprised that this requires optimization, since the LE9 code seems to be working great. Anyway, I will be happy to provide samples of any size, if anybody wants to work on this (exceeds my capabilities by far).

• I am surprised that this requires optimization, since the LE9 code seems to be working great.

You appear to be missing the point that LE11 uses the upstream Linux kernel and an entirely new/different codebase. There is probably less than 1% code in common with the legacy kernel used in older LE images.

• I tested yesterday latest nightly and I see a lot of improvements on my X96 max plus s905x3 - no major slows down or crashes when changing something in menus quickly. Some garbage left when movie starts playing or fast forwarding but no problems with out of sync sound/video after pause. Still waiting for wifi driver and way(easy way;) to install it to emmc.

• I haven't pushed any changes that would/should improve or regress anything for Amlogic devices for a couple of weeks, so current nightly testing probably has more placebo than technical effect /shrug