Official LE11 Test Images for Amlogic (Kodi-20)

• HEVC seek does not work properly on all files. Could be bad encoder but those same files seek correctly using Linux mpv and other players, so I am not sure if it is the files.

I find HEVC to be "good, but not perfect" and it does have glitches, but the driver is unfinished and is not upstream so that's to be expected. If other players work better they are probably using software decode because it's not possible to use hardware decode without a ton of patches right now.

• chewitt,

I took the wifi-rtl8189etv.dtbo file from the dtb directory and copied it to my current sd card image. I tried both

overlays=wifi-rtl8189etv.dtbo and overlays=/dtb/wifi-rtl8189etv.dtbo where both locations have the file.

Wifi will not get detected.

http://ix.io/3L82

HEVC works. It is a good start, we wait for the toys to come along. Thanks for your contribution.

• Hi, I Am on 10.85 / S912 i can see strange behavior but on Play screen only. Menu like information, bookmarks etc. looks duplicated (with small offset). External subtitles are also affected.

• Hi, I Am on 10.85 / S912 i can see strange behavior but on Play screen only. Menu like information, bookmarks etc. looks duplicated (with small offset). External subtitles are also affected.

Known problem where something in the OSD plane isn't calculated correctly. If you, e.g. put the debug overlay on/off/on/off .. each time you make it visible it will shift by 1px. It's may be related to the pink line (also 1px suggesting something is misaligned) but figuring out that kind of thing in code needs someone that can read the code better than me. It's in the list.

• A95X F3 Air (S905X3)..has anyone had any success booting with one of these?

I have tried 10.85.0 and nightly 220110 box images to no avail. I've tried pretty much every sm1 dtb. Device RGB lights on and attempts to boot but A95X is permanently displayed on the screen. I can't provide UART logs since I'm not sure which pads are correct on the board.

This device does use "ENC" bootloader images so the bootloader may be considered encrypted.. However..latest Armbian images (5.10 and 5.15 kernels) and Coreelec (4.9 kernel) boot with no issue from sd card. Therefore I suspect that either the LibreELEC dtbs are not correct, or the LE aml_autoscript commands are not compatible for some reason.

• A95X F3 Air (S905X3)..has anyone had any success booting with one of these?

If Armbian boot scripts work, LE scripts should work too as the Armbian ones were plaiguarised from LE in the first place. Project stats show a few active installs so I assume it worked for someone somewhere (no guarantees your box is the same though as there are 20+ box vendors shipping 'Air' boxes that look identical).

• Thanks - that information provides useful clues. However after more machinations (checking script differences between LE and Armbian etc) I still had no result. Finally out of desperation, I burnt a current CoreELEC image to sd, and did the following on the FAT partition:

- deleted CE kernel.img replaced it with LE KERNEL and renamed it as kernel.img

- replaced CE SYSTEM with LE SYSTEM

- copied LE meson-sm1-a95xf3-air.dtb to partition and renamed it as dtb.img

Thereafter LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-11.0-nightly-20220110 boots and runs perfectly!

So I deduce that the LE dtb is fine, and the issue is within the LE scripts somewhere.

• intelmorino I think you need to trigger "recovery" mode on the box again. This will trigger the factory u-boot to search for boot scripts and read them, and the important bit - store/overwrite the file-search routines. If you've simply switched the SD card the stored config will be set to look for CE/Legacy files, hence LE bootscripts are not automatically found and read. It's also interesting to see the file rename approach, I wouldn't have thought it would work (but then I don't test with Legacy images or CE at all). Also good to hear the A95XF3 dtb is okay.. I've submitted it upstream and it should be merged for Linux 5.18.

• However..latest Armbian images (5.10 and 5.15 kernels)

Don't mislead people, there have never been such versions of Armbian (with such kernel versions). This version of unknown origin and content, Armbian has nothing to do with them and is not responsible for them in any way. In the future, do not use the "Armbian" designation for such versions.

too as the Armbian ones were plaiguarised from LE in the first place.

Not so. :) Initially, I developed a universal multiloading system for Armbian, and only then transferred it to LE. By the way, LE still uses an outdated version of the universal multiload, which has long been replaced in Armbian with a new one.

• intelmorino I think you need to trigger "recovery" mode on the box again. This will trigger the factory u-boot to search for boot scripts and read them, and the important bit - store/overwrite the file-search routines. If you've simply switched the SD card the stored config will be set to look for CE/Legacy files, hence LE bootscripts are not automatically found and read. It's also interesting to see the file rename approach, I wouldn't have thought it would work (but then I don't test with Legacy images or CE at all). Also good to hear the A95XF3 dtb is okay.. I've submitted it upstream and it should be merged for Linux 5.18.

No dice. I took your comment on board and reflashed the stock Android image. Then reflashed the LE image and set up the dtb in uEnv.ini. Then tried to recover from Android using the "update" app but that failed and took me to the boot menu. Powered down and repowered with the toothpick method, but that took me into a boot loop. So I think I've excluded the possibility that I've missed something.

• Hi,

I need some help in resurrecting a T95x box. It is Just a little off topic but I like to boot LE. Hope you can help or point to the correct forum. Freaktab used to be where I would normally go for AML box hack but as you know it is gone.

Originally, using AMLogic USB burn tool to flash the Aidan's v7 firmware was successful. I booted into recovery and was booting CE from SD. But unfortunately, I was not able to insert a new LE SD image to boot off the box. I AML USB flashed the Aidan's firmware back onto the box to reset the boot but now, I am unable to boot into Android or anything off the SD.

Is there any way to flash the LE kernel, boot and/or system right onto emmc? I currently working with the JTAG terminal. I can get the p212 root prompt and can do the basic command like update, sd_update and such.

Is there any info on hacking with JTAG terminal?

Thanks in advance.

• Correct. Edit uEnv.ini to use the "meson-sm1-x96-air-gbit.dtb" as it's probably a close match. SM1 boxes have some known issues with hardware decoding so if you hit lockups you'll need to disable it (DRMPRIME on, Hardware Decode off).

Just got the box and after few hours i read your post again and now i have it working but wifi is not working at all? Should i try another dtb file?

Wifi is working correctly on CE image.

Is there a way to check wifi chipset without opening the box?

• Just got the box and after few hours i read your post again and now i have it working but wifi is not working at all?

jernej and MartinB are in the process of writing support for the SDIO version of RTL8822CS in the rtw88 driver. Once some patches hit the mailing list I will backport them into images. Until then the WiFi is not supported on those boxes.

• I must say I like the option to render using EGL in the player settings. If set, the Kodi video player "orientation" settings work properly with the ability to rotate 90 etc ie. from landscape to portrait or vice versa.

• I find HEVC to be "good, but not perfect" and it does have glitches, but the driver is unfinished and is not upstream so that's to be expected. If other players work better they are probably using software decode because it's not possible to use hardware decode without a ton of patches right now.

HEVC is good to play from start to end but not so good if you stop somewhere in between and try to play from that save point. It will not be able to seek to that location. The only other option is to play from the beginning and watch the show over again from the beginning. There is no option to fast forward to the last watched position. It's a little annoying and would be a wish for a fix sooner than later since most thing is working at this point.

• I find HEVC to be "good, but not perfect" and it does have glitches, but the driver is unfinished and is not upstream so that's to be expected. If other players work better they are probably using software decode because it's not possible to use hardware decode without a ton of patches right now.

Some time ago, there was a post on LibreElec and Collabora Twitter about work on a driver for Mali T760 and newer:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

If the driver is created and working, will it be possible to hardware decode without HEVC, just using this driver ( something like hwdec=auto in mpv) and solve the video rewind issues?

I don't quite understand how currently HEVC uses GPU hardware decoding if we don't have drivers.