Official LE11 Test Images for Amlogic (Kodi-20)

• What is the difference between 10.8 and 11 nightly images? THX.

The 11.0 nightly images are made from LE master. The 10.8 images are my experimental builds which are a little ahead of master. I hard-code the version number because I have scripts for pulling/distributing updates to test boxes which don't work when the filename is randomised with date/time info like the nightlies. My images are currently more functional, but you can crossgrade between them as you see fit.

• Hello, I have bought a 2gb and 16gb x96 max plus tv box, with s905x3, and I cannot find the dtb for this box model; How can I install coreelec or libreelec on the internal nand?

Hardware decode with SM1 devices is also a little broken in the LE mainline codebase right now, and I also don't support internal installs on box devices.so you're better off with CE, and that means you're in the wrong forum for advice - CE is someone else's problem :)

• Hardware decode with SM1 devices is also a little broken in the LE mainline codebase right now, and I also don't support internal installs on box devices.so you're better off with CE, and that means you're in the wrong forum for advice - CE is someone else's problem :)

Thanks.

• how can i install libreelec test 11 on emmc odroid N2

If you have a USB => eMMC module reader/writer board, connect the module and write the "odroid-n2.img.gz" directly to eMMC, then put the SPI switch to the right (so petitboot is not used) and power on the board. If you don't have the USB/eMMC converter, you will need to boot the N2 from an SD card first, then SSH into the console and download the image to the SD card, and use "emmctool" to write the LE image to the module (overwriting anything on eMMC).

• If you have a USB => eMMC module reader/writer board, connect the module and write the "odroid-n2.img.gz" directly to eMMC, then put the SPI switch to the right (so petitboot is not used) and power on the board. If you don't have the USB/eMMC converter, you will need to boot the N2 from an SD card first, then SSH into the console and download the image to the SD card, and use "emmctool" to write the LE image to the module (overwriting anything on eMMC).

i tried to do what you explained to me USB => eMMC module reader/writer, but without success, but with your image from april 2021 it works perfectly

best regards

• It's hard to comment without seeing a UART boot log from the board (if you have one, please share it) but if the older image works, use it and then update via the .tar file in /storage/.update as normal. I've clean installed both N2 and N2+ recently without any issues, so I'm fairly sure there are no issues with the image. You do need the boot switch to the right? If petitboot is active (switch to the left) it will not boot, as HK are not interested to support modern u-boot with it.

• Decide to blow the dust off my KM8 Pro labelled Amlogic S912 box and do some light testing of Kodi 19.x LE. Anyway, got lucky with the 1st dtb file, meson-gxm-khadas-vim2 (alphabetically order) for GXM and booted right up with 1000 LAN and both 2.4/5GHz working.

Before playing I was trying to see if this version would be able to see mysql database. I currently have both Leia and Matrix DB ready to read. However, nightly does not do much.

Then just tried to add my NFS drive and play some files:

- 4K x265 8bit : not play

-1080 x265 8bit : not play

-1080 x264 : not play as well

I gave up after that.

You need debug log? Where should I be loading it

• There appears to be an issue with hardware decode in current nightly images; possibly fallout from the OpenSSL bump a few days algo which changed low-level compile options for a few things - everything else seems to work but decode simply never starts. I'm in the process of trying to revert my developmeent branch to an earlier state to confirm the origin of the problem. It's a bit annoying to have finally made progress on playback only for it to be immediately broken again, but that's life. Until this has been resolved anyone doing an install will need to use Kodi in software decode mode. NB: The images in my share are also affected.

• chewitt

Could what you wrote about above be causing kodi to crash when trying to play widevine content?

So far I was using your latest Matrix compilation: LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-10.0.1-box.img.gz and here widevine worked.

After upgrading to the latest version LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-10.80.0.tar stopped working, changing to the nightly version LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-11.0-nightly-20211221-9284c92.tar from https://test.libreelec.tv/ didn't help either.

Disabling DRM PRIME hardware acceleration does not help.

Kodi crash log: https://termbin.com/fqdh

Maybe this is a bug in the alpha release of Kodi 20?

I regret that Kodi 19 compilations are not continued, perhaps it would be easier to determine the source of the problem in these situations. But of course I understand that with limited time it's better to focus immediately on a future release.

Thank you for your work, without it my device would be useless.

• Code
    INFO <general>: [WHITELIST] Searching the whitelist for: width: 1920, height: 1080, fps: 25.000, 3D: false
    INFO <general>: Display resolution ADJUST : 3840x2160 @ 50.000000 Hz (19) (we1ght: 0.000)
    INFO <general>: CDVDVideoCodecDRMPRIME::Open - using decoder V4L2 mem2mem H.264 decoder wrapper

You are trying to play 1080p media at 4K resolution, and 4K H264 is not supported. Correct the whitelist to include 1080p@50 and it will play with the TV upscaling to the 4K native panel resolution (the TV will handle scaling better than Kodi).

I'd guess that widevine is probably broken due to the openssl bump which will need inputstream.adaptive to be rebuilt/pushed. The changes are done but the addons might not have reached the repo yet.

• Code
    Please could you send it to me too?
  • Hello,

At start i want to thank You @chewitt for a amazing work.

I'm user of ODROID C2 - i installed Your LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-10.80.0-odroid-c2.img. Generally it works flawlessly..

But it don't start my USBs Disk . The ports are quite 'dead' . The hdds dont event power ON.