Official LE11 Test Images for Amlogic (Kodi-20)

• I'll have a look at what's needed to adapt the "getedid" scripts for RPi to work on extlinux ARM devices. Until then you can follow the Intel GPU guide in the wiki, it's generally applicable for all hardware using the kernel 'DRM' subsystem (which is everything these days).

decode-edid worked for me, to understand what I get from the display.
    According to EDID data my display can't do 23.976 Hz, so it was a useless effort.

Though, I have a request:
    Can you build in some kind of feature, to use 24Hz in case of a 23.976 fps file?
    Atm it switches to 60Hz, which is uncomfortable.

I also looked if I can force 10bit output (s905x) - sadly I found nothing.

Is it a feature missing in kodi or lima?

• Can you build in some kind of feature, to use 24Hz in case of a 23.976 fps file?
    Atm it switches to 60Hz, which is uncomfortable.

I also looked if I can force 10bit output (s905x) - sadly I found nothing.

Is it a feature missing in kodi or lima?

Kodi supports refresh rate bounding/override via advancedsettings.xml; you can define min/max boundaries and what refresh should be picked so you could define 23-24 and force 24Hz instead of using 3:2 pulldown and/or 60Hz.

GXL (S905X) hardware supports 10-bit decoding so you can play 10-bit media, but the SoC internally downmixes to 8-bit HDMI output so it's a hardware restriction and the AVR/TV will always show 8-bit output. GXM (S912) was the first Amlogic SoC to support 10-bit output.

• I am having an audio issue, and I was hoping someone could tell me if there is a known issue or a fix.

I have installed LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-11.0-nightly-20220602-98b9aa2-box.img onto an A95x-N7B box (known to be in good working order/previously used with CE images).

This is a fresh install.

I used meson-gxl-s905x-nexbox-a95x as the DTB.

I have it connected via HDMI to a HP w2338h monitor (with built in speakers and known to be in good working condition).

My issue is that there is no audio.

When I looked at the device options under audio, it only shows Bluetooth.

There are no other device options at all.

I would have expected to see the 3.5mm analog port listed as an option even if HDMI was not working.

Can anyone suggest what I am doing wrong?

Is there a way to get the missing HDMI audio device to show up?

Here are logs in case that helps. http://ix.io/3Zzu

• I didn't want to open a new thread for this. I currently have the 10.85.0 version of chewitt's image. A rather peculiar problem I have encountered is that when using docker, installed from the docker add-on, I am having to explicitly tell it which digest to get in order to force the correct download of the image, otherwise its not getting the right image.

Maybe this has something to do with how the docker addon has been compiled? What's even more bizarre is that in most cases I cannot even locate the exact digest that has been downloaded from the docker hub, unless I manually specify.

uname -a does show aarch64 ( I am on wetek play 2 mainline u-boot)

``Docker version 19.03.15, build 99e3ed89195c4e551e87aad1e7453b65456b03ad

Code
    <addon id="service.system.docker"
           name="Docker"
           version="10.80.6.134"
           provider-name="Team LibreELEC">

The other thing i'd also add is that there is something fundamentally wrong going on with busybox. I cannot run bash scripts without errors which work fine on other systems ("<<<" throws redirection error) and ip rule list throws

RTNETLINK: operation not supported

Just thought I'd mention I feel they might be all linked.

I have also tried the latest nightly from 02062022

Edited 2 times, last by mfizz (June 7, 2022 at 10:54 PM).

• The GXL Nexbox A95X device-tree: https://github.com/chewitt/linux/…nexbox-a95x.dts doesn't show any audio support at all so no surprise that HDMI and 3.5mm Jack outputs aren't working. Pick another GXL box device dtb, they are all very similar.

chewitt

I tried meson-gxl-s905x-p212.dtb, and it seems to be working.

Maybe meson-gxl-s905x-nexbox-a95x could have the sound portion cloned from meson-gxl-s905x-p212.dtb?

I could easily see this causing confusion to other people expecting the dtb files to have sound support.

Edited once, last by wizardknight (June 8, 2022 at 3:11 AM).

• I keep getting this error in my Kodi log when trying to run an unofficial addon but it seems to work fine on my CoreELEC box so I'm wondering if its a Python issue or an issue with the addon itself. Chewitt have you got any idea if this would be an easy fix?

Addon is throwing

Error Type: <class 'AttributeError'>

Error Contents: module 'xbmcgui' has no attribute 'ACTION_SHOW_INFO'

edit: managed to solve it - turns out theres a change in xbmcgui in kodi20 so any calls to it need to be edited in the kodiutils.py of the addon and replaced with the constant values

Edited once, last by deffffz (June 12, 2022 at 9:49 PM).

• chewitt have you got any idea if this would be an easy fix?

All I can say is, it has nothing to do with Amlogic so I'm the wrong person to ask. As long as it's not a pirate add-on, post a thread in the main part of the forum with proper Kodi debug log and someone might comment. The best people to ask are always the add-on authors.

• Someone want to help walk me through installation on my MeCool BB2 (not Pro) S912 based box? I must be doing something wrong.

I burned the latest box.img with Rufus. I edited the first line of uEnv.ini to:

dtb_name=/dtb/meson-gxm-q200.dtb (I also tried q201) and then, as with the older builds, I tried the pinhole boot method. Neither worked, it just booted right to the internal firmware. I always used the old q201 dtb and it worked fine booting off a flashdrive before.

What am I missing?

• If you want to run CE code from CE repos, run CE, and then you post "it doesn't work" messages in the CE forum where someone that cares about CE code issues might reply to your message.

I installed OpenVFD from CE repo because it isn't available on LibreELEC...

I didn't know if LibreELEC no longer supports OpenVFD or it was missing from the repo because of something else. By your extremely clear and helpful reply I guess it's no longer supported. Thanks!

• From Linux 5.19 there is a native driver for several types of VFD display in the kernel which allows the config to be set in device-tree and sent upstream. I have the driver in current LE images but some effort will need to be made on figuring out the configs (CE confs will be useful but they are not copy/paste the same) and right now I have almost zero time for the effort. LE dropped OpenVFD when the author relicensed the driver module as GPLv3. This has no functional impact on the driver, but makes the module license incompatible with a GPLv2 kerrnel, and LE cares about that kind of thing.

• Someone want to help walk me through installation on my MeCool BB2 (not Pro) S912 based box? I must be doing something wrong.

I burned the latest box.img with Rufus. I edited the first line of uEnv.ini to:

dtb_name=/dtb/meson-gxm-q200.dtb (I also tried q201) and then, as with the older builds, I tried the pinhole boot method. Neither worked, it just booted right to the internal firmware. I always used the old q201 dtb and it worked fine booting off a flashdrive before.

What am I missing?

Insert the LE SD while Android is running and enter "reboot update" from Terminal Emulator: it - always - worked flawlessly on my Yoka BB2 (Mecool clone) !

Note:

According to its author, npjohnson:

Fun fact - GXL/GXM support is incoming. VIM1/VIM2/ADT-2 to start, but people should be able to use these to bring up dev boards and china boxes with nominal effort.

...is a "side effect" ?