Official LE11 Test Images for Amlogic (Kodi-20)

• blackride

2. I will not do that. I only had such a Error with a corrupt download or a broken micro sd card reader or sd card. My test sd card have 32Gb and emmc 64GB.
    You can try Coreelec CoreELEC - Legacy Builds 9.2.7 (Stable) selekt device... and for the libwidevine.so fix update with [ARM] Add suport for libwidevine.so >= 4.10.2252.0 by Portisch · Pull Request #287 · CoreELEC/CoreELEC · GitHub

Good luck

What does the CE update have to do with it?

CE 9.2.7 on Odroid C2 works without problems. And in my odroid there are no hardware problems with the card reader. I tested builds LE10 from balbes150 - they worked.

But for some reason, chewitt builds refuse to start.

Tomorrow I will try to run the LE10 build chewitt with usb flash drive. Then it will be clear that the dtb file is designed only for launching from a USB flash drive.

To summarize, I do all the same actions that you do. Writing the image to a microsd flash and starting the download. Only now LE9 starts up, and LE10 does not see the bootloader.

Edited once, last by blackride (September 4, 2021 at 4:47 PM).

• C2 has issues with USB generally (even in the old vendor kernels) so YMMV with USB booting.

As promised - your build LE10 was launched on a USB flash (please, see my photo):

Display Spoiler

I'm sure your LE10 build would most likely be more responsive on a microsd flash drive. But I cannot boot from the microsd stick to check this.

Is it possible to compile the LE10 build yourself with some change in the dtb file, so that my odroid, which differs from yours, can be launched from a microsd flash drive?

Or make some corrections in the form of a patch in the dtb file on your part?

Perhaps you need some information?

I can show the output of commands from your LE10 build running on a USB flash drive.

Just write what commands to enter.

For example, dmesg:

Edited 2 times, last by blackride (September 4, 2021 at 11:39 PM).

• ^ To me it looks like a bad SD card, or perhaps a power issue making the board unstable, but that's unlikely if the older CE image runs fine.

• The problem with the power was earlier - at the first cold boot of the LE / CE, always froze the Odroid С2. I had to disconnect and reconnect power. And I could not figure out what was the matter until I soldered the power wires directly to the board (alternative power). The connector dc, the inner diameter was wider than needed and the power was less because of this.

I have no problem with alternative power. However, even with poor nutrition, was a launched the old LE10 builds from the balbes150 (True, now I do not have these builds LE10, the author deleted them on his Yandex disk so that I can take dtb file).

I am using two microsd cards. The very first one that I bought in a local store is the original Sandisk 64GB class 10 XC microsd card. I never had any problems with her (I started with LE7). Another card was also bought from a local store, the original Kingston Canvas 32GB class 10 A1. Also, i bought for a long time the "original" Samsung Evo microsd card for aliexpress and it turned out to be a fake, although it worked in the C2 odroid. Therefore, I no longer buy microsd cards there. Only in local good shops.

So, Sandisk and Kingston show the same picture with the latest LE10 assemblies.

In may, I recorded the night builds of LE10 for Odroid N2 on the sandisk microsd card and everything worked.

So the microsd cards are not to blame - I think so.

• ^ To me it looks like a bad SD card, or perhaps a power issue making the board unstable, but that's unlikely if the older CE image runs fine.

Chewitt, maybe this dmesg help? I wrote down the official LE 9.0.2 on the same 32GB Kingston Canvas microsd card.

• I installed this build on KIII pro and in general it works as expected. But in tvheadend is no any DBV devices

If they are USB devices and they are supported in the vanilla upstream kernel I can help. If you're trying to use the tuners in the box, there is no support for them in the mainline kernel (we have out-of-tree patches for tuners and demod, but there is no V4L2 demux). People keep expressing interest in helping to work on the drivers, but then they realise it's a bigger task than they expected and they fade away.

Chewitt, I have loaded your LE10 build via the microsd card.

As I said, the dtb file is to blame. On my 4GB microsd card, I found a recorded official nightly build (March 2021). From there I took the dtb file and replaced your dtb file. Attached the file dtb - meson-gxbb-odroidc2.zip

Now about the bad news:

1. usb-otg does not work (it is possible that turned off in compilling the build).

2. The adapter TP-Link TL-WN821N (HW V5 -> 2357:0107 (rtl8192eu)) does not work.

3. Sound does not work when playing a video (TV or video file). Only interface sounds work. The choice of a sound device is only analog and bluetooth. There is no HDMI.

Please tell me, what is needed to solve these 3 problems?

• See odroid-c2 diffs · GitHub for a comparative diff of the working (left) and current (right) dtb files. This flags only two changes in the dtb, neither of which has any connection to emmc.

Change #1: arm64: dts: amlogic: misc DT schema fixups · torvalds/linux@d9421d6 · GitHub

Change #2: arm64: dts: meson: set 128bytes FIFO size on uart A · torvalds/linux@a270a2b · GitHub

The only other thing which touched mmc (on GX devices) semi-recently is arm64: dts: amlogic: Assign a fixed index to mmc devices · torvalds/linux@ab547c4 · GitHub but we mount the first partition using disk labels not /dev/mmcblkX devices and it's present in both dtb's so it's not relevant.

So /shrug

1. USB is an on/off problem with C2 in the upstream kernel so it's possible OTG isn't working this kernel cycle. I'd expect to find issues with devices being hotplugged.

2. I don't see the USB ID's in the kernel driver, which is a simple patch you can test next time I build/push an image update.

3. No HDMI device is deliberate since we don't support IEC958 modes in dw-hdmi yet (no pass-through) but the "Analogue" output works with HDMI fine (output is multi-channel PCM). I'm still tracking down an issue where 48KHz media doesn't output unless Kodi audio configuration is forced to 44.1KHz (used fixed mode). I've seen this on WP2 (also a GXBB device) but not GXL/GXM devices. I've no idea what the issue is.

• hey all,

FINALLY getting some time to test LE 10 on my H96 Pro+ device (S912 chipset).

Wondering which image to test, and hoping I could get some suggestions.

Should I try one from Index of /testing/ or Index of /?

And I am correct in thinking that I use Rufus (or similar) to flash the img to an SDCARD and then use the toothpick method to boot?

Cheers!!

Ken

• kenmills You will need to use the images under my share as there are no project nightlies right now. You can use rufus or other SD writing apps like Etcher. If the box needs the toothpick method .. use the toothpick method (this varies by box). Use the "box" image and configure a device tree filename in uEnv.ini that is similar to your hardware; there are some other GXM box devices that are probably a close match.

• You don’t want to say that I am to blame in this case. ;)

The fact remains that your dtb file does not work on my copy of the odroid c2 (probably the hardkernel is blame).

Improvements, as I understand it, will not be in LE10 for the odroid C2. The fate of the odroid С2 is the use of volumio.

It is sad. :(

• blackride I looked for hardware differences odroid-c2:hardware:hardware [ODROID Wiki] but HK fiddled with USB a little (the weak part of their designs on multiple boards) but I don't see anything that would impact an SD card. If there were meaningful differences in the dtb files I'd have something to go on .. but both of the visible changes are minor things. As for the future of LE10 .. I keep what does work rebased against LE in the hope people who develop code take an interest, and I do device-tree work to add support for hardware into the upstream kernel, but Amlogic media capabilities in the upstream kernel are not in brilliant shape and I don't code so have limited ability to fix anything. LE releases don't make much sense right now (which is why nightlies are stopped and we are not pushing it at anyone). Maybe things change. Maybe they don't. The future is up to the community..

• kenmills You will need to use the images under my share as there are no project nightlies right now. You can use rufus or other SD writing apps like Etcher. If the box needs the toothpick method .. use the toothpick method (this varies by box). Use the "box" image and configure a device tree filename in uEnv.ini that is similar to your hardware; there are some other GXM box devices that are probably a close match.

Thx chewitt ! QQ - After I flash with Rufus, onto my SDCARD, the SDCARD is not readable in Windows, so I can't see the uEnv.ini file.

Any ideas why that would happen, and I assume that I am supposed to be able to view the SDCARD after the flash?

Thx again for your time!!