Mailing list for releases ?

• is there by chance a mailing list I can subscribe to, so I get an email notification whenever a new release goes out. For example 9.2.5, which granted, is only for the Raspberry Pi 4.

Even though I'm currently running a 3b.

Ty.

• true, regarding that it updates you. But how many people go to the home menu before using it or after using it for the day to see if the RSS has been updated, or consider backing out to see if a new update is out.

Not arguing, just stating facts lol

With a simple mail server, all you do is you take your subject line your body of text. Hit send. It goes to the server and publishes to the various addresses submitted to it.

Hell, if nothing else why not let the RSS persist on every page except for playback 🤷‍♂️

Edited once, last by MoreBloodWine (August 25, 2020 at 7:26 PM).

• That's kind of a loaded q.

Is every release perfect?

I know it's a minor thing. Something that most users may not notice.

But rpi4 9.2.4/9.2.5

I just rather not take the chance that it auto updates to something I might need to roll back bec something minor turns out to be something Holly fracking hell what was that major.

• You also can Set Automatic Updates to Manual but leave the Update notification on.

So you are getting informed about a new Update but, it will Not perform automaticaly.

Regards

Nicolas

• Other than what's in the RSS which no one ever really notices unless they always go back to the home screen instead of salesay leaving season view up or going back to show View and clicking into another one.

Almost no one ever sees the RSS that often. But I do have notifications set, and have never seen anything of a mentioned update anywhere outside of the RSS which again, I hardly ever look at because I'm hardly ever on the home screen.

I can only imagine that it's supposed to be some sort of on-screen message waiting for an Okay click or something. But assuming that's even remotely accurate, that's nothing I've ever seen.

• No. If you want to know whether it's usable for most RPi 4 owners, you have to read the forum anyway. If you have to be here to get such stability info, I don't get the point about update info. ?(

The fact that you don't get it is why I'm going to leave this thread alone after this reply. Because everybody's already stated they're not going to integrate a mailing list because apparently they just don't feel like it. when it's something that can literally be done in 15 minutes with a competent coder.