Thinking about upgrading to Rpi4.

  • Has anyone updated from Rpi3 to Rpi4? Is it worth the update. Im thinking of a 2GB model with a SSD. Is it much faster in the menus? My current setup on a Rpi3 works flawlessly and I'm just after a speed increase. Is it worth the upgrade? I'm not to bothered about 4K etc as the TV it would be connected to is 1080p.

    • Official Post

    An SSD will be more reliable than a SDcard. The SSD has trim support, SDcards do not, 9/10.

    Had to toss another 2 SDcards a few days ago. Not so much LibreELEC fault, but still.

  • I moved from a RPI3B to RPI4, both using the same Setup (restored a Backup).

    The only "big Thing" on RPI4 is the much more faster Ethernet, love it!

    If thats not needed...


    Stick with a Pi3.

  • I upgraded the other day. I'd echo the comments that say there's probably no need to upgrade from 3 to 4 if you don't need 4K. If you do decide to do so anyway, use the last Milhouse (#717) build as it fixes the menu tearing and video glitch problems apparent in the official release 9.2.3. You can find a link to it here: LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 19.0)