Posts by Halloway

I never use FF or REW, I just use the Skip function. On my AVR remote, which I also use to control Kodi, it is accessed with the left and right cursor buttons. It might achieve the same result for you and it works OK on my LE10/RPi4/ArgonOne setup.

I checked my Pi4 and found similar results to yours - ~30% CPU usage at idle. I removed a redundant Aeon NOX skin and was then able to remove something called Library Data Provider. This brought it down to ~21%. I then removed a redundant Spotify add-on and that reduced by another couple of percent. My strace also provided similar data to yours.

20% still seems to me to be a little high, especially when the Windows laptop I'm typing this on will idle at around 1-3%. I suppose there's always the danger of comparing apples with oranges though.

I run 10.0 on a Pi 4B and it works flawlessly. I don't really use any of the more esoteric functions or add-ons - I mainly watch 1080p H264 and H265 videos which I stream via ethernet from a NAS - but nevertheless it just works.

It might also be worth pointing out that you have come to a technical support forum so the vast majority of threads are going to be about problems. No-one much turns up to these places just to tell everyone that their Libreelec installation is working fine.

Since switching from a RPi 3B+ to a RPi 4, I've noticed that when playing videos (1080p, x264 or x265, 23.976fps) there is occasionally a repeated frame. By 'occasional' I mean that the interval between repeated frame occurrences is often many minutes.

The log is posted here: KODI LE Log 20/2/2021 - Pastebin.com

The log event that seems to coincide with the repeated frames is:

Code
    2021-02-20 14:34:27.005 T:855     DEBUG <general>: CDVDClock::ErrorAdjust - CVideoPlayerAudio::OutputPacket - error:-27015.392602, adjusted:-41708.333333

I'm fairly sure this is the offending error as the timing implied by 'adjusted:-41708.333333' is the length of time that one frame occupies at 23.976fps. I've tried watching the same movie on a RPi 3B+ running the same build of LE (latest nightly LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.80-nightly-20210220-f768c9b) and no such errors or repeated frames were evident.

For reference, the signal path is RPi 4 -> Yamaha RX-V381 AV amp -> Panasonic TX-P42ST50B.

Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

TIA, H.

I didn't have the appropriate adapter to connect the M.2 SSD drive to my PC so I put Raspberry Pi OS on a SD card and booted the RPi4 from that. Then I SSH'd into the RPi OS, did the necessary firmware updates and then used dd to copy the downloaded Libreelec image over to the SSD. Once I pulled out the SD card it booted from the SSD no problem.

Sorry if this is actually already posted somewhere but I was unable to find anything about it. I installed LibreELEC 9.80 nightly 20201225 for use with a Raspberry Pi 400 and a BenQ PD2700Q monitor. LibreELEC booted up using a 1920✕1080 resolution even though the monitor's native resolution is 2560✕1440. I chose to leave it because it will probably perform better, and it looks quite all right.

There is, however, one little snag: the display is rolled over to the right with the right-most pixel or two showing on the left side of the screen instead. Any ideas on how to fix it?

A workaround is to use screen calibration to modify the size of the screen slightly.

Go to Settings > System > Display > Video calibration... and use the cursor keys on your keyboard or remote to set the overscan compensation for both top-left and bottom right to (1,1). Unfortunately you have to set the screen size separately for each refresh rate you use (23.98, 50, 60 etc.) I only ever watch 23.98 and 50fps so I just set it for those and leave the rest. To do that, change the refresh rate (Display > Refresh rate) and then go back into Screen Calibration.

Hi,

I am currently hosting my library on a separate server running MariaDB. When I do a 'show databases;' command I get the following:

+--------------------+

| Database |

+--------------------+

| MyMusic81 |

| MyMusic82 |

| MyVideos119 |

...etc

Clearly I have two databases for music, do I need both of those? Should I back up both of those databases? Could I delete MyMusic81?

TIA, H.