Kodi do not starts

• After some changes on the Multimedia equipments at home Kodi don't starts on my O-DROID C2.

During the startup you can see the LibreELEC 9.0.2. logo as usual but later the screen becomes dark and you only see a black arrow on it. As I have a Logitech keboard connected I can move the arrow around the screen but that's all. Kodi never runs.

I formated and installed again LibreELEC 9.0.2 in the eMMC card unsuccesfully. Later I released the eMMC and connected an microSD with a fresh installation of LibreELEC 9.0.2 with the same result so, unfortunatelly I suspect that can be a hardware problem.

Any idea? Can I do any additional test?

Thank you!

• I don't have any O-DROID C2 experience, but if you've tried a eMMC reformat as well as a SDcard, with a software build that used to work, then hardware failure does come to mind.

Can you install something else that is supported on that hardware, such as a Ubuntu distro or other Linux solution?

If that would also fail, then I guess we know enough.

• I tried two different monitors directly connected to the Odroid, two different HDMI cables, several microSD and eMMC cards unsucessfully

LibreELEC, CoreELEC and Ubuntu 16 do not works but Ubuntu 18 and Ubuntu 20 correctly works. It's crazy!!!

I also start thinking that it's a very strange hardware failure...

• It's incredible, if I install LibreELEC 8.2.5 it works without problems.

Once turned on I tried to restore my backup (9.0.2) but after the restoring process the version has not been upgarded and stills on 8.2.5.

Edited 3 times, last by Papalapa (August 4, 2020 at 4:55 PM).

• Once turned on I tried to restore my backup (9.0.2) but after the restoring process the version has not been upgarded and stills on 8.2.5.

A backup of LibreELEC only consists of the several folders in the /storage partition. It does not handle the files on the system partition.

If you want to upgrade/downgrade, place the file in the .update folder and reboot.

• A backup of LibreELEC only consists of the several folders in the /storage partition. It does not handle the files on the system partition.

If you want to upgrade/downgrade, place the file in the .update folder and reboot.

Thank you for the information but I do not find this folder. I use File Manager in the Kodi settings. Is there another way to access to this folder?