Libreelec and Asus tf300t

• Hi

I wonder if there is a version of Libreelec for asus tablet like TF300T under tegra.

I saw one for Nvidia shield and I dont see tablets of Asus in the list of download.

Thank you

• Official Post

The simple answer is 'no'. The overall effort for supporting a device that *maybe* runs LibreELEC for what .. 3-4 people worldwide, is not worth it. There is also no official LibreELEC release for Nvidia Shield.

• Hi

I wonder if there is a version of Libreelec for asus tablet like TF300T under tegra.

I saw one for Nvidia shield and I dont see tablets of Asus in the list of download.

Thank you

AFAIK On the Shield, most people are using the Android Version of KODi.

Regards

Nicolas

• Official Post

Tegra devices are fairly well supported under mainline Linux so there's probably nothing to stop someone from figuring out an image. It's never been on the official project radar because a) all the Tegra SBCs are crazy expensive, b) Shield is cheaper (but still expensive) and marketed as the premium Android product, so nobody buys it to run an experimental Linux image, and c) it's nVidia, who insults us elsewhere in the open-source world, which doesn't encourage anyone to take an interest in their stuff.