Wireguard vpn connection issues

• Good afternoon,

i was delighted to see that libreelec finally supports VPN. I have a wireguard server running since roughly a year without any issues from any kind of devices to any kind of services.

I am mentioning this to highlight that - whatever the issue may be - i doubt that its the wireguard server.

So i quickly setup a wireguard.config file and placed it in the storage path, mentioned in your documentation.By the way let me compliment you on that one. Mostly self-explanatory and pretty straight-forward. I like it ;)

Configuring WireGuard in LibreELEC (v9.2.1 and newer) [LibreELEC.wiki]

The fact that i need to change the host ip manually every day is a bit unnerving, but since there is a working workaround and its not that kind of a big deal, this is not really an issue for me.

However i am struggeling with getting the connection somehow stable. The connection can be established and i can access the services available in my network (e.g. tvheadend, nextcloud,plex etc) but i am only able to get a couple of packages before the connection is breaking up. E.g. if i start a radio stream via tvheadend i can hear roughly the first 2 seconds. Then, for probably 5 seconds, the connection is being terminated and reestablished. Breaking up the HTSP stream ofc.

Plex has the same issues.

Ah - i forgot to mention that i have the same issue on 2 different hardware setups. One being a Raspberry Pi 4b, the other one being a ASUS TS-10 (x86_64 based). So - the archicture does not matter as well.

I am pretty sure you guys will need more information and tons over tons of log files. So - where do we start ;) ?

(and please be gentle since this is my first post)

Thanks and BR,

Akra

Edited once, last by akrael (May 25, 2020 at 4:49 PM).

• Official Post

Do you have "WireGuard.PersistentKeepalive" in your config?

I don't see issues with the connection dropping from LE, but I sometimes see issues from macOS to the same WG server.