HW deinterlacing

• Hi Jernej,

with the new test version all interlaced videos are only red. It looks like not all planes come from deinterlacer. I'am maintain a plugin for vdr. There I deal with v4l2 deinterlacer device with the same result. A red picture. I think that there is an issue inside the kernel driver for the hw deinterlacer.

• zillevdr as I said, I need sample video to reproduce issue, otherwise I can't help. Additionally, make sure that it works if you disable deinterlacing.

• zillevdr as I said, I need sample video to reproduce issue, otherwise I can't help. Additionally, make sure that it works if you disable deinterlacing.

Yesterday I managed to capture a couple of interlaced samples, will try them out in the evening and report.

Hi Jerney,

you have a pm with download links to video samples.

Where is the swich to disable deinterlacing. Sorry, I'am not familiar with Kodi.

If deinterlacing is swiched off a normal interlaced video is presented.

Edited once, last by zillevdr ().

• I just tested your samples and they work fine on OrangePi Plus 2E. I'll do more tests. I have a hunch what the issue might be.

• zillevdr sorry to say, but both samples work good both on old image updated with test update and fresh image on BananaPi M2+. So I can't reproduce your issues.

• I took a surely interlaced sample from DVB-C and it plays fine on X2, all the combing that could be seen on kaffeine without deinterlacing are gone.

• zillevdr sorry to say, but both samples work good both on old image updated with test update and fresh image on BananaPi M2+. So I can't reproduce your issues.

I'am depressed. I checked all again and can't find a fail. Which board revision you have tested? Here is board Revision V1.1.

• mine is 1.1 too. BTW, do samples also fail for you? I imagine it could also be some difference between playing from file or addon.

• mine is 1.1 too. BTW, do samples also fail for you? I imagine it could also be some difference between playing from file or addon.

I think there is a hw fail. Progressive video play, if deinterlacing is switched off play. Only deinterlacing is switched on are the picture red.

• In theory, H5 has same HW core as H3 but I had problems last time I tried. I need to test it again.

• Now it's double checked. My BabanaPi H3 have a hw fail. I bought a new BananaPi M2+ with H5. Is there a chance to eliminate the problems with H5? Can I help there?

• Thanks! Unfortunately, there is one bug which prevents merging these changes to master branch - if display refresh rate is set below deinterlacing speed (usually 50 - 60 fps) then video will start lacking behind audio. I have yet to figure out what to fix in Kodi.