No Sound to one TV, but working fine on another.

• I have an Intel NUC NUC6CAYS with libreelec 9.2.3 installed.

The TV I want to use this on is a Philips 32PFL3605/12.

No matter what I do I cannot get any sound to play between these two devices.

The NUC plays sound just fine on another LG TV I have.

The TV plays sound fine from an older NUC5i3RYH and a newer NUC8i3BE.

I've tried everything I can think of to get this to work, every sound option in settings, tried every output even the ones I knew wouldn't work, turning passthrough on/off, GUI sounds on/off etc.

I've tried disabling every option I could find that seemed unnecessary in the BIOS (I don't have an HD Audio DSP option) and the "blacklist snd_soc_skl" method from the CLI.

Loads of other random things that I can't even think of at the moment.

Debug logfile..

http://ix.io/2pbJ

Any help appreciated with this, I've spent hours on it at this stage, and it's starting to drive me a little bonkers.

• Remove this block from your advancedsettings.xml:

Code
    <video>
        <latency>
            <delay>0</delay>
            <refresh>
                <min>23</min>
                <max>24</max>
                <delay>175</delay>
            </refresh>
        </latency>
    </video>
  • Thanks Da Flex,

I vaguely remember adding that block when I was trying to fix something completely different.

Strangely it's not in my /storage/.kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml file, instead it's in /usr/share/kodi/system/advancedsettings.xml

I have no idea how it got there, and I've no idea how to get it out because it's a read only filesystem.

The one thing I do know is that my issue with sound existed before that block was added, as I've had the same issue with sound since I did a clean install.

• where can I find advancedsettings.xml?

Kind redigares

Rlinsweden

The advancedsettings.xml file is not available from the kodi front end, and it doesn't exist by default. It has to be created by a user when they want to make more advanced changes to kodi that are not possible via the front end.

The only way to access it is via the Command Line. Usually the easiest way to access the Command Line is to use ssh. From there it's in the ~/.kodi/userdata folder.

More info on advancedsettings.xml can be found on the kodi wiki..

advancedsettings.xml - Official Kodi Wiki