RPI4 No HDMI Sound using Argon One Case

• Just got my RPI 8GB today and flashed LibreELEC on it and installed Argon One script on it. I have already set hdmi_drive=2 and there is still no sound. When I switch to Analogue and plug in a headphones and switch the Audio Output Device to HDMI / HDMI + Analog, I get sound only on the headphones . When I disassembled and used the RPI4 without the case, the audio seemed to work fine. This only happens when it is connected to the Argon One Case. Really appreciate any help

Kodi Log: http://ix.io/2o1Y

Update: Used another SD card to boot NOOBS and the audio was working, seems to not work only on LibreELEC.

Follow-up: Reflashed a fresh LibreELEC and booted without touching anything. Still the same issue.

Solved: Added 4 lines of code to my config.txt

Code
    hdmi_drive=2
    hdmi_ignore_edid=0xa5000080
    hdmi_mode=16
    hdmi_group=1

Credits to No audio which helped me partly

Edited 6 times, last by prispither (June 1, 2020 at 7:30 PM).

• Maybe this thread can help you.

Hey man, thanks for replying. I was losing hope so I took the entire config settings and slammed it and surprised it worked. After that I just started removing line by line and checking by rebooting to see whether it still works to determine which is the correct one that works.

• I registered here just say I could thank you for posting the solution. I was banging my head trying to figure out why the resolution wasn't working with my Argon case. Your settings were exactly what I needed!

• I own a Raspberry Pi4 8gb - I changed the original case (white and red with miniHDMI ports) with the Argon one Pi4 V2 case. The problem, which was not present in the previous case, is the lack of audio. I tried to make the change in config by inserting the line hdmi_drive = 2 to no avail.

Also tested with hdmi_drive = 2

hdmi_ignore_edid = 0xa5000080

hdmi_mode = 16

hdmi_group = 1

As per post, but the second command blocks the boot

Thanks for each vs. valuable suggestion

• Much appreciated your updated solution. I reinstalled libreelec 3 time and almost lost hope but this worked.

I think problem is with kodi 19 and after this solution my kodi went back to 18.9

Anyone fixing HDMI audio output after kodi 19 update this might work for you.