Skin not changeable when LE is installed without network (9.2.1)

• Hi hi,

System: Raspi 3b+/ Raspi 4

When LE 9.2.1 is booted the first time without a network connection, you cant change the skin even when a network connection is done afterwards.

If you try by selection Settings -> Interface -> Skin -> Get more... simply nothing happens and you are returned to the privious screen.

When LE 9.2.1 is installed while haveing a network connection, this doesnt happen.

Tried it with a LAN connection.

Damn it.. wasted hours of my time :)

• Official Post

Settings -> Interface -> Skin -> Get more...

That's not very surprising when you are trying to download new skins from the Kodi repository without a network connection.

Changing skins can be done without a network+internet connection, but only those that are already installed.

• you didnt read

" you cant change the skin even when a network connection is done afterwards."

i only did the first setup without a connection. when i try to change the skin, a network connection is available.

• NO!

Even after a reboot with network connected, i cant change the skin over the "Get more..." button. You are just returned back to the previous screen.

i wrote the image again on the sd card to start from scratch WITH a networking connection and the problem is gone.

Tried it now 3-4 times and i'm pretty sure its a bug

edit:

Give me some minutes. Trying it on my new raspi4 to see if its version related.

edit2:

the raspi4 image acts the same way.

Edited once, last by ramses3 (May 30, 2020 at 3:01 PM).