Buffering Issues

• So recently, my pi 4 has stopped functioning as a media center. For the past year or so i've been streaming my library through Kodi with no issues. However, I did some rearranging in my office and now every time I try to stream something, it just buffers and buffers. I did a speed test and saw I was getting maybe 2mb/sec on wireless? I'm not sure what it was getting before this problem but that seems insanely low.

I tried adding my movies folder as a network attached drive and using VLC to play to see if it was a kodi issue. Nope. I also tried switching from Raspbian to libreELEC to see if that would help any. Nope.. same issue regardless of OS. I even connected it directly to the router to see if it was just a wireless issue. Again, nope....

I've also changed the kodi advancedsettings.xml file to match the settings here but i don't think it's a kodi issue but rather a pi issue

I have no problems streaming my library from other devices. I have no idea what could be causing this issue all of a sudden. It's really baffling me so I hope someone here has some insight as to what could be causing this

LibreELEC 9.2.1

LOGS

system: http://ix.io/2nEB

kodi: http://ix.io/2nEA

• So recently, my pi 4 has stopped functioning as a media center. For the past year or so i've been streaming my library through Kodi with no issues. However, I did some rearranging in my office and now every time I try to stream something....

Hello, Sounds Like you have weak WiFi Signal on the new Position. WiFi could be a b....

Regards

Nicolas

• Official Post

Solving WiFi problems is like digging in the dark - terrible <X. The upcoming LE 9.2.3 will have more options to fix such issues. If you don't live in the USA, then this is worth to try.

Background theory: Your WiFi surrounding has been changed, and your router now switches to 5GHz frequency band more often. That frequency band depends on local regulations, which you can edit on RPi side as described.

• Since you already connected directly to the router with an ethernet cable, how about local media ?

Is there buffering with a USB connected thumb drive or hard drive ?