Slightly juddery playback on RPI4/LE9.2.1

• I'm pretty new at Libreelec but a Kodi (XBMC) veteran on other playforms since the old XBMC days (primary OSX/Mac Mini).

I installed the latest LE 9.2.1 on my RPI4 (4GB model, not overclocked) and everything seems to run pretty well, at least af first glance). But I have noticed that video playback (1080p video and 1080p HDMI output) is slightly uneven/juddery (micro-stutter?) - for lack of better description. This is consistant behaviour when playing the same video files, and happens streaming over both wifi and wired LAN. I have also tried to increase cache size via advancedsettings, This makes no difference to smoothness of playback. I have also tried "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" and "Sync playback to display" options which do help, but only slightly.

I have compared playback of the exact same files to my Kodi old setup (Mac Mini with old Kodi version) - video files plays perfectly on the old setup, no "micro-stuttering".

My question is: is this normal behaviour for LE/Kodi on RPI4 (not optimized video driver?) or something I can fix?

Any constructive advice is welcome - thank you :)

/T

• Same here with and without subtitles, depending on audio format and a few other things. Found no long-term usable solution over the last few months.Until further development with the Pi4 software I fall back on my TV-player and or emby.
    I mean no offense, LE/Kodi is great free software by volunteers, developed in their spare time, but with the RasPi 4 we still have to wait, I think...

BTW, even playback with emby for Kodi is much smoother and subtitles work without the frame drops.

• Had this too a couple month ago, not sure what fixed it from memory but thats how it runs for me: Update the eeprom etc under libreelec settings. overclocked to 2.1 GHz / 750 MHz, 512 MB for GPU, overvoltage 7 (voids warranty), match refresh rate at start and end of video, get rid of apps running in the background (looking at you indigo), limit youtube to 1080p, netflix or other apps with heavy decoding to around 5MBps streams (no vp9). Enter the correct refresh rate for your setup. Now everything runs fine.

config:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.