Cherry Trail support HDMI audio

• Wondering if there is support for the Intel Cherry Trail chip set yet. I have a gen 2 compute stick and a meegopad t03 z8300 Cherry Trail. I am looking for a stable Jarvis or older build so skins and plugins work.
    Thanks

• Sheeeeeeeeesh

It seems to be everything i look at has issues as i've just been looking at cherry trail boxes. :-/ :)

I know nothing is perfect but is there a setup with remote that has the least amount of issues?

• I did install the v8 beta 3 from here Sendspace.com Mobile File sound does work bluetooth and wifi do work and some skins work but still has lots of bugs. Menu items do not populate and some addins like youtube and tv now crash after a couple min. Also my windows kodi would read my 200gb and may 128gb micro SD card and now with libre it will only read a 32gb. Large SD card support is a must. Thanks for the great work team hopping to see lots more in the near future.

• I've got a Wintel Pro CX-W8 (Cherry Trail), and with 4.8 kernel it's working quite well. I've got an RPi3 as well, and it's slow in comparison. The internal wireless and BT is not working, but other than that it's quite good.

• RPi3 is a solid choice.

Sadly the 100mb Lan is a deal breaker as i will be moving large files about.

I see people have tried the Gigabit USB to LAN converters but they are still limited to 30Mbps and bottleneck the crap out of the Raspberry.

• Sadly the 100mb Lan is a deal breaker as i will be moving large files about.

I see people have tried the Gigabit USB to LAN converters but they are still limited to 30Mbps and bottleneck the crap out of the Raspberry.

If you play files from a file server or NAS it's really not a problem.

• I've got a Wintel Pro CX-W8 (Cherry Trail), and with 4.8 kernel it's working quite well. I've got an RPi3 as well, and it's slow in comparison. The internal wireless and BT is not working, but other than that it's quite good.

Does the Wintel have a Fan?

When you say the Raspberry is slow in comparison do you mean as in it's noticeably slower or annoys the crap out of you slower? :D
    [hr]

If you play files from a file server or NAS it's really not a problem.

Sadly i sold off my NAS drive a year ago and now have a normal drive with my current Netgear player so by the time i price in a decent NAS drive i may as well buy a NUC.

Everything seems to be a pain. :D

Edited once, last by Lucap (November 1, 2016 at 5:59 AM).

• No it does not have a fan. There is some weird issues with it though, some times it won't boot at all and some times it boots all the way to kodi except keyboard and network (i think i/o in general) does not work. It was running great for weeks with plenty of boots but now its acting up again. Might be bios/EFI related.

Performance wise the RPi3 is noticeably slow. In gui, games, network performance, pretty much anything except playing video which it does an OK job at. The controls and animations are annoyingly unresponsive and slow compared to the silky smooth and snappy Intel performance even with an Atom.

I think i paid 80$ for the Wintel at garbear, so is actually similar priced as the RPi (with sd card, psu and casing). Except for the issues mentioned above, it wins hands down. The issues may not be minor though....

Edited once, last by escalade (November 1, 2016 at 7:32 AM).

• I've noticed a couple of Cherry Trail boxes for the same price as the new Amlogic S912 boxes so you seem to get a lot for the money.

Though i'm guessing these Cherry Trail boxes need a remote.