Problems running 9.2.2 on 2 Intel Platforms

• I have a couple of older Intel Boxes. One running a x5-Z8350 (HD Graphics (Cherrytrail)) and the other a Celeron N3150 (Intel(R) HD Graphics 400 (Braswell).

Both were previously running fine using some old builds based upon Linux kernel 4.19.

I created a new fresh USB boot using 9.2.2 and fired it up on each box.

On the x5-Z8350 I end up with a blank screen other than a few lines showing errors, all very similar such as:

[ 0.37032] ACPI Bios error (bug) failure creating named object [\SB.STR3], AE_ALREADY_EXISTS (20190215/dswload2-324)

On the N3150, there is just a black screen.

On both boxes however, I was able to SSH with WinSCP, which seemed to indicate a successful boot process.

I also ran the command kodi-send --host=127.0.0.1 -a "TakeScreenshot" and to my surprise, it captured the full Estuary opening screen.

The same USB build works fine on machines with an old Core i7-2630Q or newer N3350 or N4200.

Trying various older builds I find that anything based upon Linux kernel 5 or above will not work but anything prior to that works.

Searching for info regarding the ACPI bios error doesn't yield anything that specifically answers the question as to what it is any why it occurs.

• Install this build, and then do a manual upgrade to 9.2.2.

Hey Thanks, I was able to install 8.0 build that you mentioned but when I upgrade to 9.2.2 screen goes black. I can still access it via ssh or smb but nothing on screen. Any idea what might be happening ? Do I need to copy any Boot files after installation to HDD.

I am seeing the same issue as OP. After updating to 9.2.2 screen is blank but taking screenshot gives kodi's opening screen.

Edited once, last by maildjain (May 10, 2020 at 1:38 AM).

• Hey Thanks, I was able to install 8.0 build that you mentioned but when I upgrade to 9.2.2 screen goes black. I can still access it via ssh or smb but nothing on screen. Any idea what might be happening ? Do I need to copy any Boot files after installation to HDD.

I am seeing the same issue as OP. After updating to 9.2.2 screen is blank but taking screenshot gives kodi's opening screen.

No idea sorry. This process worked fine on my Compute Stick, admittedly with Bay Trail rather than Apollo Lake. Ultimately you're only using the 8.0 build above to get a 32bit bootloader, so I would have expected it to work ok.

• No idea sorry. This process worked fine on my Compute Stick, admittedly with Bay Trail rather than Apollo Lake. Ultimately you're only using the 8.0 build above to get a 32bit bootloader, so I would have expected it to work ok.

seems like 9.2.2 rewrites the boot-loader ? Can anyone help please ?

• Hello!

You can try a build from Sky42. He has build 9.2.1 with Kernel 4.19.

Take a Look here

Regards

Nicolas

Thanks you so much this worked beautifully, This is the first time I have seen all drivers working flawlessly. BT working, WiFi working. I am using it on Neo Z83-4 Box that has Intel 8350. Thanks a bunch.

• Hi,

Same problem for me on my Asrock N3150 motherboard, and yes, the problem started with newer kernels (5.x). (In the past, I had Ubuntu with 4.8 kernel, working fine, and when I upgraded to a 5.x kernel, the system freezes on a black screen.

For LibreElec 9.2.2 I could install it by editing a file on the USB installer (I removed the quiet option and added nomodeset). But when trying to launch the installed system, I got the balck screen again (and I can't acces the file to add nomodeset).

We may add a bug for N3150 chipset??