[9.2.2] Search for subtitles screen doesn't appear before video

• I was using 9.0.2 but i upgraded my systeem and because of problems i reinstalled Kodi (9.2.2).

I installed the add-on Subtitles (Addic7ed). Previously on my old installation before every video the systeem pauzed on the "search for subtitles" screen. Nou with the new installation the video just starts and i have to go to the "subtitles search" screen by hand.

Any ideas on how to get the subtitles search screen back automatically?

• I only know of the "Auto download first subtitle" option.

Bringing up the subtitle download window automatically is not default Kodi behavior.

Perhaps you were using an add-on for that? Or is it Addic7ed-specific functionality?

• I only know of the "Auto download first subtitle" option.

Bringing up the subtitle download window automatically is not default Kodi behavior.

Perhaps you were using an add-on for that? Or is it Addic7ed-specific functionality?

Mmmmm that is strange. I have had that from the start (i added subtitles immediately). No Addic7ed is just one of the website where Kodi pulls subtitles from (as far as i know).

So it is normal behavior to start a video, pause, go the subtitles, search, download and continue the video? I like my way better ;)

"Auto download first subtitle" is something i tested in the past but it often downloaded the wrong one, so i still had to do it by hand than. So i don't use that option anymore.

• I was using 9.0.2 but i upgraded my systeem and because of problems i reinstalled Kodi (9.2.2).

I installed the add-on Subtitles (Addic7ed). Previously on my old installation before every video the systeem pauzed on the "search for subtitles" screen. Nou with the new installation the video just starts and i have to go to the "subtitles search" screen by hand.

Any ideas on how to get the subtitles search screen back automatically?

You can use this..it does exactly what you want.

• My apologies. I remember now, i have used "AutoSub" on my previous installation to make this happen.

Yeah that's the same as "SubLoader" but it was giving some issues on Leia....

another option is program a key on your remote but disable the "load first subtitle found" in kodi settings..

Code
    <key id="key_code_here">activatewindow(subtitlesearch)</key>