No HD Audio Passthrough on Intel NUC7PJYH2

• Hey guys,

Iam aware of the passthrough issues with the 6th NUC generation. Is the 7th generation affected from the same problems?

I bought the mentioned Intel NUC 7PJYH2 and disabled the HD Audio DSP in bios to get audio working.

Unfortunately I can't see any HD-Audio passthrough options in the menu!? DTS-HD gets forwarded as 'normal' DTS to my Denon AVR.

HD-Audio passthrough with my old NUC N2830 works as expected.

I use the following milhouse-build:

LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20200229234254-#0229-g36ecc2d [Build #0229] 9.80
    kernel: Linux x86 64-bit version 5.5.6

Anybody aware of the issue and knows some way to fix this?

Many thanks in advance!

Best regards

brot

• Alright I figured it out. After disabling the "HD-Audio DSP" in BIOS the sound is working, except the hd audio passthrough.

After some more troubleshooting I notice that the snd_soc_skl module/driver still gets loaded.

Code
    htpc:~/.kodi/userdata # lsmod | grep -i snd_soc
    snd_soc_skl           139264  0
    snd_soc_hdac_hda       24576  1 snd_soc_skl

After blacklisting the module and rebooting the system the appropriate module does not get loaded anymore and hd audio passthrough works as expected.

Greetings!

• Thank you for your quick response and the explanation 😊

Now Iam struggling with playback of Netflix streams with activated hevc profiles. Unfortunately I don't get any output if I switch on hevc profiles. Anyway I will create another thread for this topic. Many thanks again for your support! :)

Greetings

• Hello. I have the same problem because my NUC with the J5005 processor does not play sound even though I have turned off the HD Audio DSP sound in the bios. Bios is the latest. What am I doing wrong??