Kodi HDMI issue

• Hi,

Noob here trying to diagnose a problem. Got my new pi 4. Installed Libreelec and no picture through my Pioneer AVR. Plug hdmi into my tv and there is a picture. Can’t get any picture through my AVR. However tonight I downloaded raspian and I get a picture through my AVR. Installed Kodi and switched to it and the picture dies. Plug it into the TV and it is there. Plug it back into the AVR and no signal. Any help would be appreciated as I am losing my mind on this!

Update:

This from donbrew fixed it!!! But the screen size isn’t right yet and there was some kind of CEC warning when it booted??? I guess I mess with width and height until it is right on the screen??? Thank you thank you thank you donbrew!

gpu_mem=320

force_turbo-0

hdmi_ignore_edid=0xa5000080

# I have no idea what 0xa5000080 means

disable_overscan=1

framebuffer_width=1920

framebuffer_height=1080

hdmi_force_hotplug=1

hdmi_group=1

hdmi_mode=16

hdmi_ignore_cec=1 #comment this if yours has CEC

dtparam=audio=on

dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-v3d

max_framebuffers=2

Edited once, last by Claybe (April 7, 2020 at 5:31 AM).

• These are just starting points that seem to work.

The CEC message you are getting is from Kodi; set it up in Kodi if you use it, disable it if not. (It is hidden at settings>System>Input>Peripoherals)

• EN::
    Hello, I'v get the same problem with HDMI sound connection (and CEC) between Rpi4 and TV... fixed.. by switching the hdmi port from HDMi1 to HDMI0 on Rpi4..
    On Raspbian and HDMI plug on HDMi1 RPi4 output, I didn't have any issue.. but it seems Libreelec can't accept multiple output for sound...

FR:
    bonjour, j'avais le même problème mais avec du son qui ne fonctionnait pas sur Rpi4 (et Le CEC non plus), alors que sur raspbian je n'avais pas de soucis...
    J'ai juste branché le cable HDMI sur le port HDMI0 et pas HDMI1 du Rpi4 et le problème était résolu...
    il semberait que Libreelec ne supporte pas bien les multiples sorties HDMI..