Kodi won't start without active display on hdmi

• Ok this may be odd but let me try to explain the setup and the outcome:

Rpi4 with libreelec (LibreELEC (official): 9.2.0 (RPi4.arm)) -> AV Receiver -> TV

config.txt has this:

dtparam=audio=on

dtoverlay=gpio-ir (home made ir)

hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1

hdmi_force_hotplug=1

gpu_mem=320

force_turbo=0

dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-v3d

disable_overscan=1

the wifi usually starts up,

so I can login and do: systemctl restart kodi after turning on the receiver and tv.

the prob is that it's a no go to constantly manually login every day to reset it.

Any idea how to fix this issue?

Edited once, last by lolek (February 15, 2020 at 2:38 PM).

• buy logitech smart hub or similar device, it will allow you to use single remote for all devices and can start them in proper sequence (like: TV, then AVR, then RPi), you can also add delays between these devices if needed.

in my case single button on the remote starts the sequence which is switching on TV, AVR, RPi and then switching the pilot to mixed AVR/Kodi mode - volume buttons work for AVR, while other buttons work for Kodi, the whole startup sequence takes around 15-20 secs.

• buy logitech smart hub or similar device, it will allow you to use single remote for all devices and can start them in proper sequence (like: TV, then AVR, then RPi), you can also add delays between these devices if needed.

For the record, I have a remote with macros etc, but the main problem is the fact that the tv and amplifier has to be on before kodi/rpi is started.

This is a problem for me as I don't want to start my tv to be able to use kodi remotely especially as it will be used mainly for music.

Also I don't want to always use the remote to turn on everything, come on.. it should work, your proposal is just workaround which I'm already using but it's a no go for long run.