[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.0 for S805

• You can add it to autostart.sh Autostart.sh - LibreELEC

I will see if I can add it for m201d build only.

Looks like you fixed it. Been testing a lot in last 8 hours and been running up to 4 Hours. I did have a lockup but I blame cheap MXQ 512 Megs of RAM. Before it would lockup from 5-15 Mins. Now Solid for up to 4 Hours. This is great really appreciate you not letting this one get lost.

Thanks

• Hi Thanks for the release.

I only have one problem, when i try to connect with ssh in putty i get an error.

It says: ''Network error: Connection refused''. So first i thought it must be my network, but when i try with my other streamer running Libreelec 8.1 it works fine... Can you please help?

Is there maybe any option to get the 7.3.3c nand version to flash with twrp? cause i cant find the file.

But the SSH solution would be great!

Can someone help please?

EDIT!!!! SOLVED: I found myself a old NAND version of Libreelec online. After it was installed i downloaded the latest ''.tar'' file, after that i putted it in to the update folder with samba and it was DONE!.

Really like the software!! im so happy that i finally found a solution!

Edited 2 times, last by mrbierdopje: SOLVED (August 22, 2017 at 7:11 PM).

• Hi, kszaq!

Recently updated to the latest version you released and it works great! But i would like to get the sliding animations back in the menus is it possible? Everytime i reboot the option in the menu goes back to the off position...

Thanks

• kszaq,

I've been using your hd18q builds on a sd card on my S805 for quite a while and they are great. Many thanks for your hard work, it's very much appreciated. I've got an issue with all the post 8.0.2e builds though. Ever since that build I'm unable to connect to my pc via the Windows network (SMB) option to watch any video content that I've allowed to be shared on my pc. I've had to revert to 8.0.2e to re-enable it. I've checked every successive version and I keep getting an error message stating that it's an illegal operation. I must add that I'm using Windows XP WEPOS version on my pc and it's worked flawlessly up to now. Is this a Libreelec software issue? Or is it that kodi has stopped supporting XP in release candidate 17.4 because if so then there's no mention of it in the kodi release notes. I'm not sure if this issue affects later versions of Windows either.

• 8.1.6 uploaded.

Thank you for the update kszaq

A question if i may...... i have moonlight installed from the LibreElec Repo and i have version 8.2.106c (2.4.2) installed but noticed after this update the version in the LibreElec Repo has changed back to 8.2.105 (2.4.2) why is this........
    I still have 8.2.106c where i turned updates off where it fully works for me ( Well it only works through SSH and not Kodi lol ) just wondered why it went down that's all.............

Also is there anyway to update Moonlight to 2.4.3 <---- Latest Updated Version ???

• Chewy 8.2.106c was the latest Moonlight version but it was causing crashes for many people, that's the reason for revert. As I am unable to test Moonlight updates, I will rely on upstream LE 8.2 updates.

• Thanks for the update - still can't use Windows (SMB) to play my pc files though. Tried using Windows 7 as well. Temporarily reverted back to 8.0.2e build for the time being as it works flawlessly.

• Chewy 8.2.106c was the latest Moonlight version but it was causing crashes for many people, that's the reason for revert. As I am unable to test Moonlight updates, I will rely on upstream LE 8.2 updates.

So if i drop back down to 8.2.105 will i be able to use moonlight addon through Kodi or just through SSH like i'm currently doing with 8.2.106c ?

• Thanks for the update - still can't use Windows (SMB) to play my pc files though. Tried using Windows 7 as well. Temporarily reverted back to 8.0.2e build for the time being as it works flawlessly.

Please read release notes for official LE 8.1.0 beta on SMB issues: LibreELEC (Krypton) v8.1.0 BETA – LibreELEC

So if i drop back down to 8.2.105 will i be able to use moonlight addon through Kodi or just through SSH like i'm currently doing with 8.2.106c ?

Frankly - I don't know. It should work as it was deigned to work, I am unable to run Moonlight and check it.

• Frankly - I don't know. It should work as it was deigned to work, I am unable to run Moonlight and check it

Thanks for the info......... I will stick on the version i have then... As i said i can get it working through SSH so i feel i am best leaving it alone :)

• Thank you to for this build. I am now running 8.1.6 from SD card on my Venz V3 box and it seems very solid to date. The manufacturer stopped updating its version of OE with Kodi 15 so its nice to be up to date again!

The only problem that I have is that I can't get it to install to NAND. I suspect that the version of OE supplied by Venz uses non standard partitioning or formatting. So far I have tried:

• Connecting via SSH and running the "installtointernal" gives the error: "Formatting SYSTEM partition...The file /dev/system does not exist and no size was specified". The OpenElec install still runs afterwards.
    • Adding .tar update file into OE update folder. The update runs but, when rebooted, the system doesn't load - it drops into the debugging shell and reports "can't access tty: job control turned off".
    • Booting into TWRP and trying to install the older LE7 .zip image files. Whichever LE version I try, TWRP fails to complete successfully. The Venz OE .zip image file did work so I know TWRP is functioning normally.

I have checked the "storage" details in System Settings in LE and it only shows the sd card, not the NAND. I've tried DF in SSH and that only appears to show the SD card as well.

I'm not too worried as I can still boot LE from the SD card but I would like to install it to NAND as I won't be using OE/Kodi 15 any more.

Any suggestions anyone? Do I have to create the partitions manually? I'm a noob so don't know how to do this in SSH and wouldn't want to brick the box!

Thanks!

• advb I am not familiar with V3 partitioning scheme. It's quite possible that they used partition names different than system and data. You should be able to see user-accessible partitions by running blkid. The main issue would be that if they use different partition names, they are not supported by my platform_init script. Please also check cat /proc/cmdline to see if bootloader provides partition names for the system.

• advb I am not familiar with V3 partitioning scheme. It's quite possible that they used partition names different than system and data. You should be able to see user-accessible partitions by running blkid. The main issue would be that if they use different partition names, they are not supported by my platform_init script. Please also check cat /proc/cmdline to see if bootloader provides partition names for the system.

kszaq Thanks for the suggestions. This is the output:

OpenELEC:~ # blkid

/dev/loop0: TYPE="squashfs"

/dev/mmcblk0: TYPE="minix" PTUUID="00004cbe" PTTYPE="dos"

/dev/bootloader: TYPE="minix" PTUUID="00004cbe" PTTYPE="dos"

/dev/cache: UUID="57f8f4bc-abf4-655f-bf67-946fc0f9f25b" TYPE="ext4"

/dev/system: UUID="57f8f4bc-abf4-655f-bf67-946fc0f9f25b" TYPE="ext4"

/dev/data: UUID="57f8f4bc-abf4-655f-bf67-946fc0f9f25b" TYPE="ext4"

OpenELEC:~ # cat /proc/cmdline

init=/init console=ttyS0,115200n8 no_console_suspend storage=2 cvbsdrv=0 vdaccfg=0xa000 logo=osd1,loaded,0x7900000,720p,full hdmimode=720p cvbsmode=576cvbs androidboot.firstboot=1 hdmitx= mac=00:22:6D:00:7F:0A androidboot.chipid=805 boot=/dev/system disk=/dev/data BOOT_IMAGE=/dev/boot console=tty0 consoleblank=0 scaling_governor=hotplug scaling_min_freq=96000 scaling_max_freq=1488000 systemd.show_status=auto

Does this make any sense to you?

• Hi, I have a Smart TV Box S805Q_v2 that when installing LE does not detect wifi, after opening and viewing the mainboard I realized that the chip is the same as all have had problems sci 9083c after several hours of searching I found a possible solution and it is with the controller .ko that I continue to share with you, for me it is already very dark and I will try until tomorrow and I will share them if I have a result, but if there is someone active and can follow up on this possible solution we will thank you, this problem.

url:

9083xu – Google Drive