[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• Really? What more power do you need?
    The S905X can play UHD BD with DTS HD Master audio at about 10% cpu load.

The Raspi 3 only can play FHD video but even for that you have to buy some codec for it.

• Greetings,

Dear Kszaq friend, Have you received support for TBS (TurboSight) USB DVB-S Tuners?

When will he come?

If this support comes in, these devices will be very appreciated, it will be very nice.

Thank you in advance for your response and interest.

BR...

• hi bud, installed and running ok. I can launch a game by browsing to the rom file but when I click on scan directory it won't add any files to the collection, hence adding them to the main menu.

Any ideas?

I only tried a few roms, and they remained in one of the menus, so I could start them again later without browsing the files. I do not know retroarch very well, how is scan supposed to work? I have emulationstation running on a raspberry pi, which is much more convenient.

• ozkaradag My builds contain media_build DVB drivers, the open source TBS drivers should be included. That said I cannot provide support if it doesn't work.

Greetings,

Thanks for your reply, my friend.

Well, how can I see the drivers you've added?

On FTP or Telnet.

Best regards...

• ozkaradag You can list kernel modules from /use/lib/modules/3.14.29/uupdates but I doubt it will tell you which devices are supported. Please refer to TBS forum to see which ones are supported by their open source drivers.

• I've just updated to 8.0.2e (LE on SD) and there isn't any connection to the net (TX5 Pro with QCA9377).

The "connections" tab on LE System addon is blank. Reboot doesn't help.

Any clue before downgrading?

TIA

• Hi kszaq,

I don't know if this is in the right thread now.

You added the driver for DVB for the "K-Series" and I'm using your build with pleasure.

Everything works!

Though I've got a question:

How to get the EPG being loaded properly when using VDR? Some channels are loading the EPG, some do not.

TVHeadend is too much complicated and I don't want to scan my channels again. Just using my channels.conf for VDR is very good.

Is the EPG loading related to the Maximum PIDs, which should be set to 26 according to afl1, but where to do that in VDR?

(This is the part I don't know where to ask, because I don't use his build, but asking some of his recommended settings).

Maybe someone can help me to get my EPG work properly.

Thank you!

• ozkaradag You can list kernel modules from /use/lib/modules/3.14.29/uupdates but I doubt it will tell you which devices are supported. Please refer to TBS forum to see which ones are supported by their open source drivers.

Greetings,

Thank you very much for your valuable help and information.

Best regards...

• lama0900 , in vdr there is nothing to do with maximum pid. All needed options for vdr are in pvr live tv section / specific client options . There you can setup many things for vdr . For me vdr shows epg for all channels (dvb-s tuner) without any problems but I prefere tvheadend. For tvh you can very fast convert your enigma2 list into tvh format and send it to box by ftp

• zbigzbig20

Any way to convert my VDR list to enigma2 and then to tvh?

The TVH web interface is more than overloaded with unneeded stuff.

Channel management is the worst i've ever seen.

What the hell is this mapping channels step.

If someone from TVH devs reads this:

What about this workflow: scan channels, sort channels (make bouquets) and in a user/tvh noob friendly way.

and btw. the wizard is just completely useless, if it only does scanning and, again, mapping the channels.

(another useless fact: if channels are scanned to what should they be mapped to...)

Sorry for being off-topic. The first question fits to topic.

• TVH may not be very user-friendly but MythTV is even much worse. If you can scan channel with the wizard, mapping the scanned channels is only one click away.

I had no experience with VDR, may be it doesn't support ATSC.

• kszaq,

Test your build for Odroid-C2 and found LIRC (even I disabled and enabled it again) and CEC (report unknown instead of version number as before) both not working.

I couldn't find dtb for Odroid-C2 and keep the dtb file from Raybuntu's build on the SD card. Should I remove the dtb to make them work?

• lama0900 , i know how to convert e2 channel list to vdr or tvh format but vdr to e2 not (I do not know is it possible) . I have own e2 channel list from many years which I updating every time and using with tvh , vdr or my dreambox. It is very easy to manage that list in dreambox edit or dreamset and customize it under our preferences. In tvh or vdr I am not using scanning and mapping channels. I always use my converted e2 list and is perfect