[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• I can confirm. Happened to me as well with A95x 2/8. I am using the l version. This is the 1st 8.x build I am using.

popo

I have 2 units of nexbox a95x 2/16 and 1/8. On both happens same, and Popo128 noticed bug like he said.

Yesterday I tested "temp sensor disabled" rom version. Same bug happens ob that rom too.

Today I will test 8.0.2a version.

Please fix this... Its soo annoying :/

Problem is in CEC support. When I turn off TV (Sony), rec (Denon) and Nexbox a95x turns off too.

But when I turn On TV and rec ... box do not turn on (its not problem because most boxes do not support this), but problem is when

I turnOn box with remote ... red led turns into blue ... but there is no picture, only black screen. Also, there is no access to box via home network.

Box is dead. Only what I can do is to unplug/plugIn 5v jack. After that box runs normal boot procedure :(

Is there any way to turn off CEC support in libreelec?

I noticed that in new roms we have again dark picture "old" problem witch persist till first video play ...

• Settings => System => Input => Peripherals, customize CEC. I'm not sure if a reboot is required after or not. I have the power off/on and send inactive stuff disabled so it stays on, but the tv remote still works (use it for everything).

As a workaround for dark picture, you can set a boot video in some skins or possibly by a config (unsure but could google). I used an intro video I found off a kodi forum. Android requires a 4k video if you want to use the same intro video on android, so you'd need to find a 4k video or use ffmpeg to resize. There's an amcodec patch floating around that fixes the dark screen issue on MM android, but I'm not sure if it's applicable to LE (probably not since it wasn't implemented).

• - There are black level changes between the kernels depending on display capabilities. On some displays, there are no black level changes on test images. On both my newer hdr capable displays, there are major changes in black levels that make me prefer the nougat kernel. It's worth noting I get the same test images for black level on the nougat kernel as on the marshmallow android build.

Could you describe these black level changes in detail and take comparison pictures?

I do have a HDR capable display from 2016 and while there is the obvious "dark after boot" phenomenon, I see no difference whatsoever in any video, at least not in regular AVC 1080p / 8-Bit / BT.709 stuff.

You do mention test images, not videos - are you maybe judging the Kodi image viewer, not the video player?

When you look at the "black clipping" pattern from the AVS HD 709 collection, do you see any difference?
    AVS HD 709 - Blu-ray & MP4 Calibration - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

• i didn't spot any difference on black clipping pattern.

Too bad, however, that bt2020 isn't triggered..It is when I boot android from internal memory but not in libreelec:/

Why is that?

• Too bad, however, that bt2020 isn't triggered..It is when I boot android from internal memory but not in libreelec:/

Why is that?

It's not implemented in Kodi, only in Android framework provided by Amlogic to box vendors.

x265 get to mush frame skips and slush on MM Kernel.

Back to 8.0.1l Nougat Kernel

I've read the exact opposite after a switch to Frankenstein-Nougat kernel. Looks like you can't please everyone...

• It's not implemented in Kodi, only in Android framework provided by Amlogic to box vendors.

I've read the exact opposite after a switch to Frankenstein-Nougat kernel. Looks like you can't please everyone...

I have also frame skip on x265 on mm kernel ..what's up I m waiting eagerly full NOUGAT KERNel

• x265 get to mush frame skips and slush on MM Kernel.

Can you be more specific?
    What kind of x265 files trigger frame skips?
    Can you post sample, log and MediaInfo?

The 1080p / 10-Bit / BT.709 HEVC encodes I created seem to play perfectly fine.

Edited once, last by jd17 (May 29, 2017 at 1:01 PM).

• Can you be more specific?

The 1080p / 10-Bit / BT-709 HEVC encodes I created seem to play perfectly fine.

first of all I m just begginer unable to provide log?

• Can you be more specific?

The 1080p / 10-Bit / BT.709 HEVC encodes I created seem to play perfectly fine.

Last night i watch T2 Trainspotting and times to times have drop frames and the image its not fluid and to dark.

Mediainfo:

• I do see 3 files, viz. LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.2a-temp_sensor_disabled.tar, LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.2a.img.gz and LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.2a.tar

I'm interested in the 'temp sensor disabled' build but unlike the previous build (1l), which had a respective image (img.gz), how do I go about using Rufus to write a .tar file to an SD card?

• Last night i watch T2 Trainspotting and times to times have drop frames and the image its not fluid and to dark.

Mediainfo:

There is just too much information missing.
    Is this what MediaInfo is showing you?
    However, the frame rate would be the first thing to perplex me.
    That movie (like most) is filmed at 23.976 fps, not 25 fps.
    A poor frame rate conversion might cause perceived frame drops or skips and non-fluid appearing pictures.

I highly doubt this looks any different on Frankenstein Nougat.
    If it does, please log the dropped/skipped frames.

Normally, MediaInfo should provide more detailed information, for instance:

25 lines vs. 12 lines in your case...
    Some things are not flagged, depending on the encode - but your info is just missing too many important lines.

• Hi,

I'm trying to install on Nand the latest version of LibreElec in an Nexbox MXQ Pro (S905) and I have a problem.

I have downloaded the files for my tvbox from the repository:

-LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.2a.img.gz
    -gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb

I boot from an SD and it works correctly, I access SSH and execute the command "installointernal" to install libreelec on the internal flash.

When I run the "installinternal" command, the following message appears:

Can not get mtd information for /dev/nand_env

When I restart the tvbox without the SD does not start, the screen is black.

What is the problem?