[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• See if the time and date is correct when it doesnt work.

You are right! The time and date aren't correct most of time at kodi start.
    Just activated "wait for connection before kodi start/10 sec" (LE System Settings) and the pvr client seems fine now.
    TY

Just a TIP (don't know if already posted)
    To avoid LE auto starting at power on just leave on SD root the SYSTEM file and move the remaining root files in a new dir

Edited once, last by fabri22 (March 31, 2017 at 3:24 PM).

• I have installed the latest build 8.0.1b today and playback is finally smooth on my LG OLED TV. I have one issue though:
    I only can connect my sound system via SPDIF and alway used passthrough to let the DD and DTS decoding done by it.
    In this build I can select passthrough but the option to select wich output is to be used is grey and I can't change it to SPDIF.
    It's automatically set to HDMI.
    I remember it working on some KODI Jarvis built I used before.

Did you change something or did I do something wrong in the configuration?

• I have installed the latest build 8.0.1b today and playback is finally smooth on my LG OLED TV. I have one issue though:
    I only can connect my sound system via SPDIF and alway used passthrough to let the DD and DTS decoding done by it.
    In this build I can select passthrough but the option to select wich output is to be used is grey and I can't change it to SPDIF.
    It's automatically set to HDMI.
    I remember it working on some KODI Jarvis built I used before.

Did you change something or did I do something wrong in the configuration?

The audio output mode setting is on the top of menu

• Oh, now I see it was my mistake. I enabled EAC3 passthrough and played an DD+ file while my system can't decode it.
    So DTS and DD works for me but dissabeling EAC3 passthrough gives me a stereo output to my sound system when I try to play a DD+ file. And it's not a good one. Center and sub channels seem to be missing so I can't understand one single word when someone speaks.
    Do I need additional decoders to transcode DD+ to simple DD for my system? If so, how do I install them?

I had a simmilar issue when I used the KODI DSPlayer for windows. I solved it by installing AC3 filter to my system and defined there what is to be passed through and what has to be recoded to AC3.

Edited once, last by honolulu1 (March 31, 2017 at 5:22 PM).

• Oh, now I see it was my mistake. I enabled EAC3 passthrough and played an DD+ file while my system can't decode it.
    So DTS and DD works for me but dissabeling EAC3 passthrough gives me a stereo output to my sound system when I try to play a DD+ file. And it's not a good one. Center and sub channels seem to be missing so I can't understand one single word when someone speaks.
    Do I need additional decoders to transcode DD+ to simple DD for my system? If so, how do I install them?

I had a simmilar issue when I used the KODI DSPlayer for windows. I solved it by installing AC3 filter to my system and defined there what is to be passed through and what has to be recoded to AC3.

I have the same problem on 8.0.1a with EAC3 passthrough on live TV channels. Stereo sound missing center channel on my 5.1 system connected through SPDIF (EAC3 passthrough disabled in settings).

Enviat des del meu D5803 usant Tapatalk

• Follow-up to my previous post

The HDR color space issue seems to be related to this:
    thread-6890-post-42631.html#pid42631

If I start an HDR video my TV goes into HDR mode (full brightness, 2084 EOTF), but does not switch to the BT.2020 gamut. I can then back out into the main menu, with the video still running and restart the video by selecting it again. Now the TV does not go into HDR mode, but this time it selects the correct color gamut.

My theory is:
    This appears to be a timing bug. The HDMI InfoFrame containing the colorimetry information is emitted before the refresh rate change happens. My TV apparently needs this reversed (as was the case on Marshmallow kernel). If I disable refresh rate switching in the settings, everything works as expected.

kszaq, anything you can do about this?

Also:
    The 2160p60hz (4:4:4) mode works, when I manually select it using /sys/class/display/mode, but not from Kodi menu, where it chooses 2160p60hz420 (4:2:0). So everytime I exit playback, Kodi automatically switches back to 4:2:0.

• Hi all, on my MINI MX III II, I have severe stuttering with 8.0.1b on h265 files when skipping. When I stop and play again everything is fine. This do not happen with h264. It makes very annoying to search for a scene in a file. Anyone noticed that ? At the moment I am reverting to 8.0.1a, where this do not happen. In my collection there are several h265 files that generally plays very well.

• On my TV, I'm able to force colorspace and can't tell a difference between them (so I don't believe it's doing a colorspace conversion). I'm working on a fix for the 4:4:4 issue now as a starting place.

• On my TV, I'm able to force colorspace and can't tell a difference between them (so I don't believe it's doing a colorspace conversion). I'm working on a fix for the 4:4:4 issue now as a starting place.

You're right. There is no visual difference, when manually forcing the color space. It's just a flag in the HDMI metadata.

kszaq:
    Did you try setting frac_rate_policy like I posted before. It fixes fractional frame rates.
    [hr]

Is wetek core the only LE supported device that does real 4k output currently?

Edit: from looking at 0003-aml-Add-support-for-4k-resolutions.patch and platform_init

Possibly. S905/S905X framebuffer is limited to 1080p for now due to low performance. This doesn't matter for video playback though.

Edited once, last by kubrickdave (April 1, 2017 at 1:25 AM).

• Possibly. S905/S905X framebuffer is limited to 1080p for now due to low performance. This doesn't matter for video playback though.

I just now figured that out, thank you :). With patched kodi and initially setting 2160p60hz from platform_init, kodi sets it as the initial max 3840x2160 resolution...and it sticks 4:4:4 when stopping a video.

Edited once, last by blinkmxq (April 1, 2017 at 1:39 AM).

• hi everyone! I am having an issue and I've search around but can't find the answer.

I have an MXQ S905 box with TWR
    p installed. When I copy the LE image to the SD and reboot using either the toothpick method or the Update app the BOX always boots into TWRP instead of LibreElec.

What can I do to have the box ignore TWRP and boot into LibreElec instead?

I loaded LE onto my old MX3 with no issues but that box didn't have TWRP.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Edited once, last by lowridin_guy (April 1, 2017 at 2:25 AM).

• 2 newbye questions:

Why i can't edit files on LE sd when on android?
    Why i can't "see" my box internal memory (nand) when on LE?

Thanks in advance

Libreelec 8.0.1b on SD (box amlogic s905x)