[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• Hello,

I ma looking for help to use LibreElec on my Inphic i7 Amlogic S905X Android 6.0 2G/16G 4K UHD Smart TV Box 802.11 b/g/n LAN HDMI CEC.

Was anybody successfull with Libreelec on Inphic i7 Pro Amlogic S905X?

Thanks in advance.

Andrej

• I think, I know where is "problem" on jerky played files on 8.0.1b version. This problem has H264 videos, which are encoded with more then 10 Reference Frames.

Have you tried playing with SkipLoopFilter in advancedsettings.xml to see if it makes any difference?

• I tonight try to watch a movie with latest 8.0.1b installed to SD
    the video info is:
    MPEG-4 AVC Video 23998 kbps 1080p / 23.976 fps / 16:9 / High Profile 4.1

The playback wasn't smooth, I try restart, but no luck.
    my avr info button report 24fps for the movie playback.

Then I restart to nand, where is the latest 7.0.3.012J version of LE, and try play this movie again.
    This version played perfect the movie with the correct 23.97 fps, my avr report 23fps.

I think with this new version something wrong with 23.97/24 switch

• Ignore my name, made it before I got the s905x boxes :)
    s905x 1G with a 4k hdr tv, the nougat backport test is overall a big improvement in picture quality: black levels look better (didn't even notice before this), and bitrate starved scenes with crushed blacks aren't as noticeable.

Additionally, my HDR10 material looks better.

I have two (poorly encoded) x265 4k 8bit tv episodes that don't play video at all with 8.0.1b, but that worked on 8.0.1a: black screen if I start from the beginning, or frozen if I attempt to resume from a paused time (also won't seek but audio will keep playing).

Here's ffprobe info for the troublesome episodes: Stream #0:0: Video: hevc (Main), yuv420p(tv), 3840x2160 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 23.98 fps, 23.98 tbr, 1k tbn, 23.98 tbc (default)

I've already replaced the videos with different releases and they playback fine. Additionally, all my other 8bit x265 and 10bit x265 stuff plays back perfectly, so I'm not sure of what the issue is exactly. I can get other logs if requested, or upload and pm one of the videos. Needless to say, I'm going to be sticking with 8.0.1b for a bit :)

PS: those samples posted earlier playback fine, and I have a large sample folder with 60fps 2160p HDR samples from various vendors that also playback fine (and look awesome). Perhaps that earlier issue is s905x vs s905? Or TV hardware (hdmi caps)?

Edited once, last by blinkmxq (March 29, 2017 at 6:35 AM).

• Finally tried 1.a and 1.b today and neither work for me. In fact, none have worked for me since either 0.c or 0.d. None of my bluray rips will play. It's acting like the network isn't fast enough. But the network is fast enough x100. The movie will constantly buffer and no matter the advancedsettings I try, It seems like it's not even being used. Constantly buffering and showing the 0-100 buffering counter. These movies are only 5-9 gb and it shouldn't have any trouble playing them. A raspberry Pi can play these while it's doing updates.

I would just go back to the earlier version that worked but the audio has a loud static at the beginning of each track that I've never been able to get rid of. Totally unusable for an audiophile.

• Finally tried 1.a and 1.b today and neither work for me. In fact, none have worked for me since either 0.c or 0.d. None of my bluray rips will play. It's acting like the network isn't fast enough. But the network is fast enough x100. The movie will constantly buffer and no matter the advancedsettings I try, It seems like it's not even being used. Constantly buffering and showing the 0-100 buffering counter. These movies are only 5-9 gb and it shouldn't have any trouble playing them. A raspberry Pi can play these while it's doing updates.

I would just go back to the earlier version that worked but the audio has a loud static at the beginning of each track that I've never been able to get rid of. Totally unusable for an audiophile.

Please create a signature with the name and specifics (SoC, Memory, Network) of your boxes, so we can help you narrow the possible reasons for your problem. As you can see from my signature, I own very different boxes. I have a huge media library with extremely diverse files, and I can play almost all of them without problems. All that is left are 1080p Hi10p encodes, for which the SoC has not enough CPU power.

As you mentioned static noise, I would guess you have a S905X box. If this is right, please try updating to 8.0.1a or b by placing both the .img and the gxl device tree with the right amount of ram from Index of /s905/device_trees/ (newly downloaded to ensure that you have the latest file). Maybe you are still using the default device tree that came with your box.
    [hr]

Mini m8s II wifi on all 3 boxes on LE8 drop and dont reconnect untill restart and the process repeats , WIFI chip is azureWave aw-nb197sm

any help

Please check the settings on your router, especially in regards of encryption (should be WPA2 only, no WPA or mixed mode), energy savings options (should be at 100% power) and bands/bandwidth (20 MHz offers slower speed, but less possible interference, 40 MHz is inverse. Try both).

Also check your router log if there is an error message when the boxes lose connection.

Edited once, last by mmpp (March 29, 2017 at 9:44 AM).

• Hello...

Also in my Kodi box (Tanix TX5 Pro, 2GB RAM, S905X) the picture quality in both menus and movies is more than just noticeable... It is like there was a light blur which is gone now...

Menus are more clear (also the brightness increased a little) and the movies are a LOT better especially in colors which are more vivid...

Also i tried some 24p movies and i did not had any issues with them...

Very good update ...

• My playback on .264 is so bad with stuttering and buffering on Beelink Mini MXIII II 2gb/16gb that I reverted back to 7.0.3 and it gone. I have two of those boxes and I left one with 8.01b to try and fix the issue. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

• There might be an issue with fractional frame rates in some cases in the latest build. I hope it'll be fixed in the next build.

Anyone having issues with video playback has to post samples. Without it I cannot reproduce any issue. Media info alone does not help.

• frem:
    It is easy:

• create a new sd card with latest libreelec and the correct device tree from Index of /s905/device_trees/
    • boot card, let libreelec do its thing and wait for restart
    • connect usb media with test files, test if playback is still problematic
    • Next, test with remote files (NAS, Windows shared folder)
    • create full debug logs for playback of a single relevant sample file, see: thread-981.html and upload logs w/ sample file

The new install makes sure that no old configuration entries or long-forgotten xml-file edits remain and interfere. Local playback helps ruling out any network issues. Logs and sample are needed to help the developers understand the issue and replicate them.

Edit: I see that kszaq was faster with his answer :)

Edited once, last by mmpp (March 29, 2017 at 10:32 AM).

• frem:
    It is easy:

• create a new sd card with latest libreelec and the correct device tree from Index of /s905/device_trees/
    • boot card, let libreelec do its thing and wait for restart
    • connect usb media with test files, test if playback is still problematic
    • Next, test with remote files (NAS, Windows shared folder)
    • create full debug logs for playback of a single relevant sample file, see: thread-981.html and upload logs w/ sample file

The new install makes sure that no old configuration entries or long-forgotten xml-file edits remain and interfere. Local playback helps ruling out any network issues. Logs and sample are needed to help the developers understand the issue and replicate them.

Edit: I see that kszaq was faster with his answer :)

Thanks for your feed back Kazaq and mmpp, but unfortunately I'm busy with family activities and a weeks vacation, so I won't be able to work on the issues for a couple weeks. When I return I'll post..

Thank you

• First, thank you to Kazaq for the rom and mmpp for all your help. I'm going to do my best to give you any info I can to help you help me and help the project.

My s905x boxes say ABOX on the top and I got them from Amazon. Made or sold by GooBang Doo. It is the v1 of this line. They came with banned addons so I won't link to it. How should I write the signature for this device? Any other info I should include?

ABOX (s905x) 8gb/1gb 100mbs

I'll try again to make sure I'm using the right device tree from you. Is there any way to verify which one is being used while it's running? I'll probably go back to 0.d later tonight on the internal memory. Would a Log from 1.b help before I do?

Whitesak, all of my bluray rips are h264 as I see you're having trouble with. Mostly the ones giving me problems are my rips. H264 movies that I downloaded from the Internet seem to be playing so I'm not sure what's the issue. I can't think of anything out of the ordinary with my rips, all made with dvdFab. They play on any of the other dozen computers I have and I've been watching them for years. I'll cut a small sample file tonight to help narrow it down.