[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

•  kszaq

thank you for this build videoplayback and audio hd works good.
    i have 2 questions.

do you have a custom update url for libereelec config?
    and i get messages when i want to install addons ( cant install dependencies) how can i fix this? i tried deleting addons*.db did not help the first time

• First of all, thanks kszaq for your work :)
    What is ssh command for nand reboot?
    When running this build with confluence skin, there is no option in power menu to reboot from nand.

Edited once, last by njofr@ (November 1, 2016 at 7:56 AM).

• Winni There are official LE build for Odroid C2, it's better to use them.

At the moment there are no patches for Amlogic 3D support in Krypton.

What is ssh command for nand reboot?

rebootfromnand

My builds have to be updated manually.

and i get messages when i want to install addons ( cant install dependencies) how can i fix this? i tried deleting addons*.db did not help the first time

Addons are installed from official Kodi and LE repos. You might have dependencies that are not yet compatible with Krypton.

Edited once, last by kszaq (November 1, 2016 at 9:05 AM).

•  kszaq

thank you for this build videoplayback and audio hd works good.
    i have 2 questions.

sounds like the addons don't have support for krypton yet

• So far so good (great) here - beelink minimxiii.

@kzsaq - should your aml-vnc addon work on this? I gave it a go and got 'connection refused' - it's working perfectly on jarvis so I don't know whether that's expected or down to my incompetence.

• Just a short question, but is this release working that stable or is nearly no one using it? I'm just curious cause of the few feedbacks until now :)

I've been using it for the last few days - waiting for a problem, ready to roll back to jarvis (ie swap usb sticks), but it hasn't happened. The odd skin errors, eg on opening libreelec settings (I'm using xonfluence, confluence has the same errors but estuary not, so presumably nothing to do with libreelec).
    One observation - bluetooth seems more reliable than in previous (jarvis) versions.
    So far its pretty much just worked.
    That's on Beelink minimxiii running from usb.
    Edit: I've not played any 24Hz files so not come across any issues there.

Edited once, last by trogggy (November 4, 2016 at 1:08 PM).

• Got the addons working now. playback is not smooth yet to get it smooth i pause the movie get subs and i press play playback is smooth now i think it has to do something with refresh rate. probaly kodi beta 5 solves it? ITs working perfect on my wetek hub... this box is the x96

• Question: any way to upgrade the kodi-related files to those of nightly builds of krypton?

I'm asking because i'd like to use a modded version of the estuary skin which requires features of the nightly build to work properly.

• There is a way but you will have to compile it yourself and play a bit with bind-mounting folders.

Or if you wait a bit I will post a new build this weekend. :)

• There is a way but you will have to compile it yourself and play a bit with bind-mounting folders.

Or if you wait a bit I will post a new build this weekend. :)

As we are already reached the weekend, i'll stick to 2nd option :) Will you use sources from krypton nightly on it?

(If there is a good turorial how to compile my own le build and the mentioned bind-mounting, let me know anyways, i'm always willing to learn something new)

One thing to note: the latest DVB and Media drivers from media_build are not included! That means this build contains drivers from 3.14 Linux kernel. The reason behind this is that Amlogic Video driver needs to be compiled for Krypton HW Acceleration to work and it doesn't work with media_build V4L2 module. I am looking into this and the drivers might be back in a future build.

I have an Easycap USB AV grabber to grab my TV signal for my DIY Ambilight. With this build however, the USB AV grabber does not gets recognized as /dev/video0. Is that because of the quote above?