[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• minimoe Is this on S905X device? If yes, this will be fixed in a next build. If not, I need to look into this again.

Yes, it's S905X. Sorry, I forgot to mention it.

And another question: is there a problem with the resolution switching? My box stays at 1080p, regardless of the video I play.
    I'm pretty sure the Jarvis release switches to 720p when I played 720p material.

• Yes, it's S905X. Sorry, I forgot to mention it.

Hopefully this is already fixed in my development branch. Next build coming this week. :)

And another question: is there a problem with the resolution switching? My box stays at 1080p, regardless of the video I play.
    I'm pretty sure the Jarvis release switches to 720p when I played 720p material.

Jarvis stays at 1080p even if you play 720p video. At least for me. ;)

• minimoe Is this on S905X device? If yes, this will be fixed in a next build. If not, I need to look into this again.

I also experienced the same thing, but only on the S905X devices. The outline (black in color) of subtitle seems shifted to the right and messed with the subtitle. As minimoe said, it was reported before with photo of the screen.

• I've been running the 23-12-2016 build for a few days now without major problems. Even VC-1 plays fine, even though I cannot test it thoroughly because of limited number of VC-1 videos in my library.

There is one peculiar problem with .srt subtitles though. It is something similar to the bug reported in posts #328 and #329. These subtitles sometimes appear garbled, with bits of the letters missing. It is not a regular phenomenon, the same subtitle that played fine one day, it is unreadable the next day. Also it doesn't happen in the same degree. Sometimes the subtitles are just rough around the edges and other times, as I said, they're unreadable.

This problem appears mostly with BBC iPlayer downloads (720p, 50fps H264 files) and only with HW acceleration enabled.

Here is a log: R1eMASm8
    This log is from a session with normal more or less subtitles. Unfortunately, I didn't keep a log from a session with unreadable subtitles.

Any insight on this?

I've been quite happy with this build except for the shifting subtitles but that's fixed, right? I do have a few VC-1 files and they don't play well. Lots of stuttering, just..not good.
    I also notice that the refresh rate switching does not work all the time and not accurately but I guess I'll have to get used to that because only 60,50,and 25 are supported not 59.97, 29.675 and 23.95 (or something close to those 3) unlike the RPi who supports them all. I miss that but it's still a great build.

• I've been quite happy with this build except for the shifting subtitles but that's fixed, right? I do have a few VC-1 files and they don't play well. Lots of stuttering, just..not good.

This is being looked at by people much smarter than me working on AML HW decoding in Kodi.

I guess I'll have to get used to that because only 60,50,and 25 are supported not 59.97, 29.675 and 23.95 (or something close to those 3) unlike the RPi who supports them all. I miss that but it's still a great build.

Fractional frame rates are supported in kernel but you won't see them in GUI - these are handled automatically by kernel when you play a video with fractional frame rate.

• This is being looked at by people much smarter than me working on AML HW decoding in Kodi.

Fractional frame rates are supported in kernel but you won't see them in GUI - these are handled automatically by kernel when you play a video with fractional frame rate.

Thanks! Good to know!

• This is being looked at by people much smarter than me working on AML HW decoding in Kodi.

don't undersell yourself, I am scared just to think how many boxes are sold out there just because of your efforts.

I tried my s905 box on an HD projector with a 10K € sound system. Holy shit. Unbelievable.

Regards

• kszaq You've done some great work. Thanks to you we are close to having a reliable player with 4K HDR h264/h265 from a $40 box. That's good enough for a cinema! Looking forward to the next build. Will dontate when I can.

• kszaq. I saw your patch 'added a Python hack to improve 32-bit userspace detection in addons using platform.machine() (e.g. Spotify)' in the 7.03.012 version. Will you implement this patch also in this build, that would be great!

• Yes. A new build is coming in a few days.

I see a lot of action and positive feedback on Krypton builds in the odroid forum (Raybuntu's build and also Dimitriss' snapshots from master).

Just a question: do all of you collaborate in some way? And is there any way for us mere 'consumers' to check up on where everyone is at?

Big thanks to everyone contributing!

Edited once, last by juramusger (January 7, 2017 at 5:36 PM).

• I'm in contact with Raybuntu and Peak3D (the developers behind the latest Amlogic patches for Krypton) and I've been testing the patches for some time now. We all share information on latest improvements. I haven't released a build with the patches yet because I had issues with some types of videos. With the latest version of the patch almost all videos (with the exception of 23.976fps VC-1) play really well and the patches will be included in my next build.

• Friends I have a problem, turn off when the TV LG, K + 1 in the standby mode. When turn on the TV, the K1 hangs. This crooked works CEC LG?

Edited once, last by jxt (January 8, 2017 at 3:36 PM).