Audio Device not changeable (grayed out) and set to Pulse Bluetooth Audio (solved, Workaround)

• Hello!

I just updated from LE 9.2.0 to 9.2.1 (x86) on 2 NUC's and one PC.

The Default Audio Device is set to Pulse Audio Bluetooth and is not changeable (grayed out).

1. Is there no ALSA anymore?

2. Is there a way to change the audio device via ssh?

BTW some updated audio visualizers also don't work Spectrum 3.0.3.1 ProjectM 2.3.5.1 all older versions are working nur that's a Kodi thing i guess.

Regards

Nicolas

Edited once, last by Nicolas (March 11, 2020 at 9:37 PM).

• Hello Joe!

I don't have the "HD Audio DSP" option in my NUC's nor in my PC's BIOS.

So I think to blacklist a device I don't have will not solve things here.... WRONG...

To Blacklist the device worked for me as Well!

If you have a NUC or an other device with that behavior you can

1. Disable "HD Audio DSP" in the BIOS

or, if you don't have that option...

2. Blacklist the DSP by using SSH via Putty etc

Code
    echo "blacklist snd_soc_skl" > /storage/.config/modprobe.d/blacklist-snd-soc-skl.conf

Thank you Milhouse!

Regards

Nicolas

Edited 4 times, last by Nicolas: Added workaround (March 12, 2020 at 10:25 PM).

• Will there be a solution for us normal Usero? Perhaps a new release?

Kind regerads

Rlinsweden

Did you try the suggestions posted above ? Do you have a late model Intel NUC ? If you tried both suggestions above with no success, then you should start your own thread.

• It`s too complicated for me.I wait until à new release is there.

It is not complicated to fix by yourself: go to your Computers BIOS while starting up (usually pressing F2 or DEL Key) and look for "HD-Audio DSP". Make sure it's disabled, save your BIOS settings and reboot. That's it.

Edited once, last by Quiffy (March 29, 2020 at 12:16 PM).

• I have 4 nuc`s one 3050, one i5 and 2 J3455. Witt the j3455 there are no succés.

I thank you for your help, but we leave it here. I can live With 9.2.0.

kind regards

Rlinsweden

• I have 4 nuc`s one 3050, one i5 and 2 J3455. Witt the j3455 there are no succés.

I thank you for your help, but we leave it here. I can live With 9.2.0.

kind regards

Rlinsweden

J3455 Nuc does not have the HD Audio DSP option in the Bios.

You have to run the comand via SSH

Take a look at this Link (incl. video tutorial) from the wiki LE WIKI accessing LibreElec

You can use Putty on windows

MacOS and Linux Distros can connect directly

Also an Android device can do this, by using JuiceSSH etc.

Connect via ssh and run this line once, restart, done.

Code
    echo "blacklist snd_soc_skl" > /storage/.config/modprobe.d/blacklist-snd-soc-skl.conf

AFAIK It is a bug in the linux kernel itself, so maybe any new version will have this behavior.

Regards

Nicolas

Edited 4 times, last by Nicolas (March 14, 2020 at 4:00 AM).

• Disabled the DSP in BIOS and all is ok with the world. Thanks guys.

Poirot

I dual boot my NUC NUC7i5BNH with Win10 so this option is no good for me. When I disable DSP, Win10 audio no longer works :( no way do I want to have to go in the BIOS everytime I wanna switch to windows. A fix for the kernel on the horizon?