No video on HDMI with Denon AVR

• This has been a very long road.

i used to run Kodi OpenElec on a Dell Latitude E7440 through a Denon AVR-x6300h, but it was impossible to upgrade it beyond version 6.

So i moved to a Raspberry Pi3+ (i think) and LibreElec and ran straight into the wall that the Pi doesn't support audio passthrough of the higher streams so the only multichannel audio that i could get out of it was 7.1 direct which was far from ideal.

So i finally decided to blow away the Latitude and install LibreElec on that and now i don't have any HDMI video.

Please some good soul help me through this.

This is getting beyond frustrating.

dmesg

xrandr

• This part of the log looks weird to me:

Especially m_displayNameExtra: Bluetooth Audio (PULSEAUDIO) doesn't sounds right.

Disable Bluetooth at your UEFI settings, and try to boot LE again.

• Running legacy BIOS not UEFI. Could this be the issue ?

All wireless interfaces disabled in BIOS.

Same result.

Resolution on laptop screen not high enough to show the interface, dialog boxes are cut off, no signal on AVR, TV displays the logo from the AVR.

Please let me know i there is any other information that i can provide to aid in getting this resolved.

New logs:
    dmesg
    lspci
    xrandr

xrandr --verbose
    kodi.log

Edited 2 times, last by Zordrack (January 4, 2020 at 2:02 AM).

• Solved.

After messing around with it i found that the following worked.

SSH into LE and execute the following command:

xrandr --output eDP1 --off && xrandr --output HDMI1 --mode 1920x1080 --rate 60.00

Then unplug the HDMI cable from the laptop and plug it into the Pi just for yet another sanity check.

Power up Pi. Imagine came right on.

Shut down Pi.

Plug HDMI cable back into laptop.

Wait just long enough to start freaking out that there was still no picture an then there it was (roughly 5 seconds).

Thank you for your help and hope this can assist anyone else that runs into the same problem.

Finally to make this stick i'll finish off with adding it to autostart.sh:
    echo "xrandr --output eDP1 --off && xrandr --output HDMI1 --mode 1920x1080 --rate 60.00" >> /storage/.config/autostart.sh

• No. And neither did whitelisting specific resolutions/refresh rates.

That was my first stop for making this work.

If there's any information that i can provide to help cast more light on this please let me know.

I'll be more than happy to do what i can to sort out an edge case if this is something dev is interested in.

• Additional update.

Turns out it kept dropping HDMI sync several times a day.

Only way to get it to sync up was too plug the pi back into the input and then switch back over once the input had come back up.

And while it had sync playback would be stuttering.

I finally got so fed up with it that I grabbed another laptop 2 generations newer.

Installed LE on It. Backed up the old install. Restored on the new laptop.

Replaced the cable.

It now works.