I just upgraded my old Raspberry Pi 3 with a new Asus Tinker Board S. I have a problem with some refresh rates.
Video example here (80MB file): tinkerboard-hdmi-flicker.mkv
Asus Tinker Board S, the official power source from RPi 3B+, 1.5m HDMI cable, Panasonic ST50 (plasma screen, 2013).
Latest offcial LibreELEC
It seems that refresh rates 23.976 and 59.94 Hz are not supported on Tinker Board?
- 1920x1080p 60Hz = works
- 1920x1080p 59.94Hz = flickers constantly
- 1920x1080p 50Hz = works
- 1920x1080p 24Hz = works
- 1920x1080p 23.976Hz = blank screen 95% of the time, some very distorted image sometimes appears
- 1280x720p = same as 1080p
- changing power source = didn't help
- changing HDMI cable = didn't help
- changing HDMI mode (RGB / Ybr422 / Ybr444) = didn't help. Using 422, the flickering corrupts colors, not just the image.
- change TV (a smaller Panasonic ST50) in another room = didn't help
- reverse power plug, try other wall socket (ground loop?) = didn't help
- put back RPi 3B+ = no problems with the same setup
- other OS = Official Android for TB doesn't have these refresh rates available. Official Debian for TB - I don't know how to change the refresh rate.
Is this problem known? I couldn't find anything about it. Any ideea what causes it?