Latest LibreElec on Intel NUC and audio

• If we remove the word from our anti-spam list we get lots of nice chinese/korean people advertising their solution for preventing the mail loss of filament structures that come out of your head. The occasional user inconvenience is easier to live with than regular spam deleting.

That is hilarious!

Thanks for the work.

• Hello,

I do have kind the same issue:

- LibreELEC 9.2.2 official release

- Intel NUC8i3BEH connected to Samsung TV which is connected by HDMI Arc to Soundbar

- Allow pass-through is selected in Kodi - Audio Settings

- without DSP Audio=disabled in BIOS I don't have Dolby output into my Soundbar (only PCM) so I have to disable it and it works then

However, DTS pass-through doesn't work not even with this settings disabled in BIOS.

Is that normal?

• This applies to the Intel NUC6CAYH (and possibly other models too?).

Update to Intel’s latest HDMI firmware as DTS-HD or Dolby TrueHD audio formats did not work “out of the box” in passthrough mode if connecting to a HDMI 2.0 capable amplifier.

Unfortunately, the firmware update can only be applied via Windows :cursing: so download and temporarily install a demo version of the operating system - but do this after updating to the latest version of the BIOS and stick to its default settings.

Then install the latest LibreELEC 9.2.2 release and all should be OK :).

The only problem I still have – that hasn’t been fixed by the LibreELEC guys in 9.2.2 – is with the projectM visualization addon. It’s impossible to change preset packs. They can be selected but the visualization displayed doesn’t change. It is permanently stuck on the projectM default pack. Any ideas to sort this out would be much appreciated. It would also help to cheer up 21 days of corona virus lockdown time here in South Africa :(??

• Hopefully the flashing situation will be resolved. We recently discovered via the Intel folks working on HDR support (Kodi is their test app) that Intel has an internal Linux tool for tthis; they are going to see if it can be cleaned-up and released. No promises, but fingers are crossed.

Bugs in official Kodi add-ons should be reported to Team Kodi via their forums or a detailed bug report (follow the template) on GitHub.