LibreElec on IntelNuc10i7FNH

• Hello,

I've been running libreelec on a nuc5i7 for few years, now nuc5 enjoying his retirement as a h24 Roon server.

I installed librelec as usual on the new nuc, installation from the usb media is smooth as usual. when i reboot the system it get stuck here:

20200131_164420.jpg - Google Drive

I'm running LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.2.0.img.gz , i thought to try an alpha or a beta version but this is the latest available. Nuc's bios is the last available (rev 037) from intel.

any idea?

thanks for the help

TK

• Why can't you log in ? ;) How about placing update in update folder via samba and restarting your nuc ?

thanks for the hint, i tried to log in with samba but i couldn't undesteand if the nuc's stuck screen was impeding that or it's a problem with my router.

what about if i try a much less elegant approach like installing a 9.2.0 on the old nuc5i7, install the nightly update and then transfer the ssd to the new nuc? could it work?:/:/

• It might be easier to just use the latest nightly build from Index of / , they are built from the LE master branch (so kernel 5.4 and kodi 19) and you can find both img.gz and tar files there. Write the img.gz to a USB pendrive and give that a try.

so long,

Hias

• It might be easier to just use the latest nightly build from Index of / , they are built from the LE master branch (so kernel 5.4 and kodi 19) and you can find both img.gz and tar files there. Write the img.gz to a USB pendrive and give that a try.

so long,

Hias

installation worked uot well!Thanks! I couldn't find any nightly IMG.gz just .tar updates, so i couldn't figure out how to install it.

but unfortunatelly i'm afraid the network adapter has some problems, maybe the driver, kodi can't connect to any network neither wired o wireless.

Network adapter is active from the bios, but kodi info page tells me link is not connected, infact i can't acces to any share and/or internet.

Edited 2 times, last by TommyKnocker (February 1, 2020 at 3:43 PM).

• I posted also on the main kodi forum, they advised me to install ubuntu and to do a dmesg to check hardware and conf. Here's the link if anibody needs it.

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

cheers

• I am also playing around with a NUC10i7FNH. I have attempted to install LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.80-Milhouse-20200220230737-#0220-g85b21f7, but I am also hitting the XORG / GPU Error. It looks like everything else is wanting to load properly. I have attached a photo of the boot sequence utilizing the Milhouse 0220 build.

TommyKnocker Have you had any success since you started playing with this unit??

If anyone else has any suggestions, I welcome and appreciate their input. For now, I'm going to try out the nightly build 3/24/2020.

Hope everyone is safe and well in this crazy time.

• After a little bit of playing around with LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.80-nightly-20200324-aeb6e84.img.gz, I am happy to say that the NUC10i7FNH and NUC10i7FNK Frost Canyon Comet Lake NUCs are fully operational!!

I have an extensive local library with several high bit rate, 4K, Dolby ATMOS, DTS-HD files and they are all rocking!!

I did a clean build on both systems utilizing different types of drives and all seem to be working perfectly.

Both systems are running BIOS 39, 16GB RAM, and have the IR sensor configured as RC6. I am able to control both with my Harmony remote configured as a media center remote.

This should help with everyone's shelter in place!! Thank you all for the suggestions in getting these new NUCs up and running!!

Hope everyone is safe and well.