Posts by Charles.Timms

This applies to the Intel NUC6CAYH (and possibly other models too?).

Update to Intel’s latest HDMI firmware as DTS-HD or Dolby TrueHD audio formats did not work “out of the box” in passthrough mode if connecting to a HDMI 2.0 capable amplifier.

Unfortunately, the firmware update can only be applied via Windows :cursing: so download and temporarily install a demo version of the operating system - but do this after updating to the latest version of the BIOS and stick to its default settings.

Then install the latest LibreELEC 9.2.2 release and all should be OK :).

The only problem I still have – that hasn’t been fixed by the LibreELEC guys in 9.2.2 – is with the projectM visualization addon. It’s impossible to change preset packs. They can be selected but the visualization displayed doesn’t change. It is permanently stuck on the projectM default pack. Any ideas to sort this out would be much appreciated. It would also help to cheer up 21 days of corona virus lockdown time here in South Africa :(??

This bug applies to the projectM visualization addon version 2.3.5.1 (and earlier) in LibreELEC versions 9.2, 9.2.1 and (HiassofT) devel 20200320214349-16919f7.

The projectM visualization PRESET PACKS cannot be changed from "projectM" even though preset packs "bltc201, Milkdrop 1.04, Milkdrop 2.00, Mischa's Collection, Stock, Tryptonaut, Yin and Tests" are available from the configuration screen's drop down list. It is possible to select one of these alternatives, but the selection chosen has no effect and the "projectM" preset pack continues to display when listening to music even though an alternative has been selected. Gets a bit boring after a while... :(

Confirmation that Hias' lastest developer release works for the Intel NUC6CAYH. I now have audio passthrough etc. without changing BIOS settings or doing anything else. Simply copied his tar file into Libreelec's Update folder and rebooted. Many thanks!

Audio passthrough problems fixed in LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.2.2

OOps guys! - Same here with 9.2.2 on Intel NUC model NUC6CAYB. Audio box greyed out in System Settings and shows "Default, Bluetooth Audio (PULSEAUDIO)". Reverting back to 9.2.1 I can select from various ALSA audio output options e.g. "ALSA: HDA Intel PCH, SNY SONY TV on DisplayPort #0" and then enable Audio Passthrough to my AV receiver connected via HDMI with all the Dolby and DTS options available. Can't move forward to the latest release of Libreelec until this is fixed...