Installation issues MXIII /misc

• Hello everyone,

I just wanted to update old TV box of my friend. That is Gigabit MXIII 4k box.

All info which I get from device is:

MXIII-G

Android Netxeon

Amlogic meson 8, ARM v7

h200c LMY47V

5.1.1 - 20160421

I tried to find anything better that Android 5.1.1 - everything what I found was or older or links was broken. In one forum somebody ask about Libreelec - I never heard about that till today. So I tried it direct. I downloaded like 7 different versions but everytime I get Android System Recovery error: "cannot load volume /misc".

So I give up... And now asking you to help me find correct file.

I used LibreELEC USB-SD Creator and later Win32DiskImager - but always the same... I dont even know how to check which CPU using this box...

Please help.

Best regards,

Pati

• MXIII-G TV Box with Gigabit Ethernet and Android 5.1 powered by Amlogic S812 (Promo) • AndroidTVBOX

June 25, 2015

• CPU: Amlogic S812 Quad core ARM Cortex-A9r4, 2.0GHz
    • GPU: Octa-core ARM Mali-450
    • Memory: 1GB or 2GB DDR3 (Depending on variant)
    • Internal Storage: 8GB eMMC + Micro SD card slot (up to 32GB)
    • Operating System: Android 4.4 (Promised to be upgraded to Android 5.1 later)
    • Connectivity: Gigabit Ethernet, 2.4GHz 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0
    • Audio/Video Output: HDMI 1.4, SP-DIF,
    • Interfaces: 2 x USB 2.0, 1 x micro USB OTG
    • Power Supply: DC 5V/2A
    • Other: IR Sensor, Power button
    • Dimensions: 11.5 x 11.5 x 2.5 cm
  • We have never officially supported generic S812 boxes, only the WeTek Core (also S812 but no guarantee the device-tree works on your box). There are some other community images available in the forums that you could try on an SD card .. but again, no guarantees.

• @blueribb

Thank you for finding correct CPU.

@chewitt

Now I know for which CPU should I look for so maybe will be OK.

@datrh

I downloaded Demetris build as first - maybe wrong one... But build from your link work fine on this box. One problem which I noticed - only wire internet available. My friend is not able to connect box with wire.

• @datrh

I downloaded Demetris build as first - maybe wrong one... But build from your link work fine on this box. One problem which I noticed - only wire internet available. My friend is not able to connect box with wire.

i've probably use a wrong apxxxx chipset driver but it was a "blind build" as i don't own a MXIII_plus box.

• I repurpose Apple A1rport Express basestations as cheap WiFi > Ethernet bridge devices. I get better range and performance than any USB device that I've ever used and there are no drivers involved so it works on all kernel versions and any device with an Ethernet port.

• That was a while. I had alot of work but Im back.

@blueribb

going to try that when datrh will give up :P

@chewitt

owner wouldnt be happy if I will ask him to buy apple thing for $300 when this box is like $20 :P

@datrh

i've probably use a wrong apxxxx chipset driver but it was a "blind build" as i don't own a MXIII_plus box.

Can happen! I am still really happy that you want to help me. Really appreciate that! Unfortunately by new build there is also no wireless options.

Can I help you somehow finding info which you need?

• A1392 .. the second generation (square) ones. Prices for them seem to go up/down but there's usually someone offering one caked in dust (they clean up easily) and missing the easily replaces (figure-eight) power cable, and that one's the bargain. The first generation ones are always cheaper but I've had a few die on me over the years - the second generation are solid.

• The cheapest buy it now A1392 is $50 including shipping right now. There are many being bid on starting at $10 but they will most likely sell at a much higher price.

• Prices seem to go up and down. I've got three of them and the most I've paid is USD $23, the cheapest was USD $12 .. from a UAE seller (local to me) advertising on the US site and wondering why nobody was bidding (postage to the US would have been crazy).

• Im dont know anything about apple things. I found few of this. There are 2 types. with cable and one which looks like a big charger? If my friend will accept to buy this - then problem is solved. Second hand cost like €30

• @datrh

Still the same...

But I decided to open this box, even if I will destroy it. I thought that may help somehow?

Here is some info from inside:

Netxeon (W/O PMU) - MXIII-C V1.2 S812/2G/16G/AP6330 (PCB 1.5MM) DATE: 2016.05.11

Rest information on photo. Hope that can help. If not - Thank you anyway for your time!

Download image for full size.