Installation issues MXIII /misc

• Hello everyone,

I just wanted to update old TV box of my friend. That is Gigabit MXIII 4k box.

All info which I get from device is:

MXIII-G

Android Netxeon

Amlogic meson 8, ARM v7

h200c LMY47V

5.1.1 - 20160421

I tried to find anything better that Android 5.1.1 - everything what I found was or older or links was broken. In one forum somebody ask about Libreelec - I never heard about that till today. So I tried it direct. I downloaded like 7 different versions but everytime I get Android System Recovery error: "cannot load volume /misc".

So I give up... And now asking you to help me find correct file.

I used LibreELEC USB-SD Creator and later Win32DiskImager - but always the same... I dont even know how to check which CPU using this box...

Please help.

Best regards,

Pati

• MXIII-G TV Box with Gigabit Ethernet and Android 5.1 powered by Amlogic S812 (Promo) • AndroidTVBOX

June 25, 2015

• CPU: Amlogic S812 Quad core ARM Cortex-A9r4, 2.0GHz
    • GPU: Octa-core ARM Mali-450
    • Memory: 1GB or 2GB DDR3 (Depending on variant)
    • Internal Storage: 8GB eMMC + Micro SD card slot (up to 32GB)
    • Operating System: Android 4.4 (Promised to be upgraded to Android 5.1 later)
    • Connectivity: Gigabit Ethernet, 2.4GHz 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0
    • Audio/Video Output: HDMI 1.4, SP-DIF,
    • Interfaces: 2 x USB 2.0, 1 x micro USB OTG
    • Power Supply: DC 5V/2A
    • Other: IR Sensor, Power button
    • Dimensions: 11.5 x 11.5 x 2.5 cm
    • Official Post

We have never officially supported generic S812 boxes, only the WeTek Core (also S812 but no guarantee the device-tree works on your box). There are some other community images available in the forums that you could try on an SD card .. but again, no guarantees.

• @blueribb

Thank you for finding correct CPU.

@chewitt

Now I know for which CPU should I look for so maybe will be OK.

@datrh

I downloaded Demetris build as first - maybe wrong one... But build from your link work fine on this box. One problem which I noticed - only wire internet available. My friend is not able to connect box with wire.

• @datrh

I downloaded Demetris build as first - maybe wrong one... But build from your link work fine on this box. One problem which I noticed - only wire internet available. My friend is not able to connect box with wire.

i've probably use a wrong apxxxx chipset driver but it was a "blind build" as i don't own a MXIII_plus box.

datrh · GitHub

my github :

LE9-Kodi18.6 => this is the one to use

now using Apple-TV 4k + infuse pro

• That was a while. I had alot of work but Im back.

@blueribb

going to try that when datrh will give up :P

@chewitt

owner wouldnt be happy if I will ask him to buy apple thing for $300 when this box is like $20 :P

@datrh

i've probably use a wrong apxxxx chipset driver but it was a "blind build" as i don't own a MXIII_plus box.

Can happen! I am still really happy that you want to help me. Really appreciate that! Unfortunately by new build there is also no wireless options.

Can I help you somehow finding info which you need?

• Official Post

A1392 .. the second generation (square) ones. Prices for them seem to go up/down but there's usually someone offering one caked in dust (they clean up easily) and missing the easily replaces (figure-eight) power cable, and that one's the bargain. The first generation ones are always cheaper but I've had a few die on me over the years - the second generation are solid.

• The cheapest buy it now A1392 is $50 including shipping right now. There are many being bid on starting at $10 but they will most likely sell at a much higher price.

• Official Post

Prices seem to go up and down. I've got three of them and the most I've paid is USD $23, the cheapest was USD $12 .. from a UAE seller (local to me) advertising on the US site and wondering why nobody was bidding (postage to the US would have been crazy).

• Im dont know anything about apple things. I found few of this. There are 2 types. with cable and one which looks like a big charger? If my friend will accept to buy this - then problem is solved. Second hand cost like €30

• @datrh

Still the same...

But I decided to open this box, even if I will destroy it. I thought that may help somehow?

Here is some info from inside:

Netxeon (W/O PMU) - MXIII-C V1.2 S812/2G/16G/AP6330 (PCB 1.5MM) DATE: 2016.05.11

Rest information on photo. Hope that can help. If not - Thank you anyway for your time!

Download image for full size.