Raspberry Pi 4, Latest Master Build Failure for target:kodi

• I have the latest master from the github repo checked out and was attempting to build an image for my RPi4 (I want to test an addon that is currently set up for a pull request in the repo). Unfortunately, the build fails for the Kodi build target and I can't figure out the issue. Here's the log for the failure:

It looks it's something to do with dvdcss given "FAILED: build/libdvd/src/dvdcss-stamp/dvdcss-autoreconf". Any ideas on what to do to work around this? Am a little lost.

• I definitely have libdvdcss installed so I don't know why it wouldn't get found. The specific error seems to be it's trying to run "dvdcss-autoreconf" and that's not present in the directory. Not sure why, however.

• So after fiddling around a bit I've identified something weird. The command that is failing for the kodi target is:

Code
    cd /home/cornelia/Documents/Programming/GIT/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.80-devel/build/kodi-6e15fcb9ff05ed7463d69083b2fa2fd702f3abd0/.armv8a-libreelec-linux-gnueabihf/build/libdvd/src/dvdcss && "PATH=/home/cornelia/Documents/Programming/GIT/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.80-devel/toolchain/bin:/home/cornelia/Documents/Programming/GIT/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.80-devel/toolchain/bin:/home/cornelia/Documents/Programming/GIT/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.80-devel/toolchain/sbin:~/Scripts:/home/cornelia/.local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games:/snap/bin:/home/cornelia/.dotnet/tools" autoreconf -vif && /home/cornelia/Documents/Programming/GIT/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.80-devel/toolchain/bin/cmake -E touch /home/cornelia/Documents/Programming/GIT/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.80-devel/build/kodi-6e15fcb9ff05ed7463d69083b2fa2fd702f3abd0/.armv8a-libreelec-linux-gnueabihf/build/libdvd/src/dvdcss-stamp/dvdcss-autoreconf

Funnily enough.. when you run the command as follows it works:

Code
    cd /home/cornelia/Documents/Programming/GIT/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.80-devel/build/kodi-6e15fcb9ff05ed7463d69083b2fa2fd702f3abd0/.armv8a-libreelec-linux-gnueabihf/build/libdvd/src/dvdcss && PATH=/home/cornelia/Documents/Programming/GIT/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.80-devel/toolchain/bin:/home/cornelia/Documents/Programming/GIT/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.80-devel/toolchain/bin:/home/cornelia/Documents/Programming/GIT/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.80-devel/toolchain/sbin:~/Scripts:/home/cornelia/.local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games:/snap/bin:/home/cornelia/.dotnet/tools autoreconf -vif && /home/cornelia/Documents/Programming/GIT/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.80-devel/toolchain/bin/cmake -E touch /home/cornelia/Documents/Programming/GIT/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.80-devel/build/kodi-6e15fcb9ff05ed7463d69083b2fa2fd702f3abd0/.armv8a-libreelec-linux-gnueabihf/build/libdvd/src/dvdcss-stamp/dvdcss-autoreconf

Namely, the issue appears to be the double-quotes around the PATH variable? I'm not sure why they're present in the first place. They shouldn't be necessary.

----

And I'm not trying to get a performant build. I'm trying to test something for a PR so that it will eventually be included in LE10 with RPi4 support out the box.

• Tried working around the issue by turning off libdvdcss support for this image (since that's what's causing the problem) and.. it doesn't work?!? I'm building like such:

Code
    PROJECT=RPi DEVICE=RPi4 ARCH=arm KODI_DVDCSS_SUPPORT=no make image

And when the image starts to build it seemingly ignores the setting:

Even though, in the package for kodi, the following is present:

Code
    if [ "$KODI_DVDCSS_SUPPORT" = yes ]; then
        KODI_DVDCSS="-DENABLE_DVDCSS=ON \
                     -DLIBDVDCSS_URL=$SOURCES/libdvdcss/libdvdcss-$(get_pkg_version libdvdcss).tar.gz"
      else
        KODI_DVDCSS="-DENABLE_DVDCSS=OFF"
      fi

Honestly don't know what I'm doing wrong here or where these configs should be passed in..

• I have libdvd-pkg on my system. Libreelec seems to download and use its own version for building Kodi, however. I'm not sure why the autoreconf fails except that it appears to be the way the ninja command is formatted.

• I have this same failure on a new test system - running Ubuntu on WSL 2. It fails on both Ubuntu 20.02 and 18.04. Perhaps something to do with the version of Ubuntu that Conical releases for WSL?

• I have this same failure on a new test system - running Ubuntu on WSL 2. It fails on both Ubuntu 20.02 and 18.04. Perhaps something to do with the version of Ubuntu that Conical releases for WSL?

I've experienced the same just today with the WSL2 version of Debian.