update emby server to latest in libreelec repo?

• There is a way to update with CvH script but my adjustment to work with emby4 ;)

shh into LE and type

Code
    wget -O /storage/.kodi/addons/service.emby4/bin/emby-update https://od.lk/s/OF8xNjAwNjI1MDdf/emby-update

Reboot and then emby-update from ssh again :)

Edited once, last by Borygo77 (January 31, 2020 at 5:48 PM).

• I've just tried this on my LE generic system and it seems to update ok according to the script output but the service won't start:

Code
    # /storage/.kodi/addons/service.emby4/bin/emby-update 4.5.0.6
    1. stopping Emby service
    2. download Emby version 4.5.0.6
    ######################################################################### 100.0%######################################################################### 100.0%
    3. removing old install
    4. extracting Emby
    5. restarting Emby service
    ... done

systemctl status service.emby4.service :

Journal-cur.log shows:

Has anyone tried updating with this script to 4.5.0.6 or 4.4.2 (tried both)?

• Thanks for looking. I'm on the addon default 4.2 so I guess I can update to 4.3 at least for now. Where do we go to get this fixed? I'm guessing the maintainer for the addon is inactive due to it not being updated for a while. I was thinking of switching to Docker but I'm not sure how straight forward this would be.

• Just updated now emby server won't start. Downgraded to 4.3 with the script, still no dice. Guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow morning 😩

• Hi awiouy thanks for getting back to me. I have updated all addons so I'm assuming dotnet is up to date. Output of journalctl -u service.emby4 is blank. I'll try refreshing the repo's see if it's missing an update.

systemctl status service.emby4.service reports:

Just seen an old thread re emby and this command might help? ldd $(which dotnet):

Code
            linux-vdso.so.1 (0x00007ffe41508000)
            libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 (0x00007febe8c4c000)
            libgcc_s.so.1 => /usr/lib/libgcc_s.so.1 (0x00007febe8c32000)
            libc.musl-x86_64.so.1 => not found
            libm.so.6 => /usr/lib/libm.so.6 (0x00007febe8af2000)
            libc.so.6 => /usr/lib/libc.so.6 (0x00007febe893c000)
            /lib/ld-musl-x86_64.so.1 => /usr/lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x00007febe8fe6000)
    • Official Post

Hi awiouy thanks for getting back to me. I have updated all addons so I'm assuming dotnet is up to date. Output of journalctl -u service.emby4 is blank. I'll try refreshing the repo's see if it's missing an update.

systemctl status service.emby4.service reports:

Just seen an old thread re emby and this command might help? ldd $(which dotnet):

Code
            linux-vdso.so.1 (0x00007ffe41508000)
            libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 (0x00007febe8c4c000)
            libgcc_s.so.1 => /usr/lib/libgcc_s.so.1 (0x00007febe8c32000)
            libc.musl-x86_64.so.1 => not found
            libm.so.6 => /usr/lib/libm.so.6 (0x00007febe8af2000)
            libc.so.6 => /usr/lib/libc.so.6 (0x00007febe893c000)
            /lib/ld-musl-x86_64.so.1 => /usr/lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x00007febe8fe6000)

Thank you for the feedback.

I am surprised by the references to musl.

I will check that tonight.

In the meantime, can you try to run the command 'emby4.start' and let me know what it does?

• emby4.start

Code
    ERROR: ld.so: object '/storage/.kodi/addons/service.emby4/lib/libMagickCore-7.Q16HDRI.so.6' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.
    ERROR: ld.so: object '/storage/.kodi/addons/service.emby4/lib/libMagickCore-7.Q16HDRI.so.6' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.
    cat: error while loading shared libraries: libMagickCore-7.Q16HDRI.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    /storage/.kodi/addons/tools.dotnet-runtime/bin/le_dotnet: line 8: dotnet: not found
    • Official Post

emby4.start

Code
    cat: error while loading shared libraries: libMagickCore-7.Q16HDRI.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    /storage/.kodi/addons/tools.dotnet-runtime/bin/le_dotnet: line 8: dotnet: not found

Ouch!

I see the problem.

I will try to send you a test fix tonight.

You LibreELEC 9.2 right?