Support of Intel AX200 WiFi card

• Hello,

I've changed my HTPC after an hardware crash. My new HTPC is based on ASROCK J3455-ITX motherboard and I've added a WiFi card based on Intel AX200 chipset.

The Release 9.2 (Kernel 5.1.16) doesn't support this card. I recently hear that Intel has just released a new driver for Linux kernel to support this new model.

Do you know in which release of LibreElec this card will be supported or do you know how I can introduce the new driver directly in my LibreElec application?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

• Maybe only the firmware is missing:

Code
    mkdir -p /storage/.config/firmware
    wget -P /storage/.config/firmware https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git/plain/iwlwifi-cc-a0-46.ucode

Reboot.

• Thanks for bringing this to our attention. The iwlwifi-cc-a0-46.ucode firmware appeared after 5.1-rc7 but before 5.1.0, and we missed it when preparing the 5.1.0 bump (my fault - I didn't sync the firmwares after 5.1-rc7). We'll make sure it's in the next LibreELEC 9.2.x release.

• Hello,

Understood. Thanks for your reply.

Don't hesitate to contact me if you need to test a beta release.

Thanks in advance for your reactivity.

Best regards.

• In fact, I need to put the firmware file in the "usr/lib/kernel-overlays/base/lib/firmware" folder. Hewever, this folder is in read-only and impossible to copy the file....

Into /var/lib/firmware, there are only links and the file is removed after reboot.

Another solution?

• Thanks to milhouse and mglae :-)

Perfect, my card is correctly recognized in my system and WiFi seems to be OK. 8);)

I'll make some tests to see if the connexion will be stable during the time.