Unable to install from USB,new to this. Am I doing it right?

• want to installed libreelec in my old pc. I've followed guides online on creating a bootable usb.

Ive used the libreelec USB-sd creator and made sure I've downloaded the genericx86 img gz.

USB is then made, I change load order in my bios and try to install it from the usb.

When my bios loads I see an option or text saying onto wait 5 seconds for the installer to load and also see installer, boot, run.

If I leave it all alone the screen goes blank for minutes on end..nothing at all. If I type run then it boots into libreelec. I see kodi on my screen. That's fine and dandy but I do not want to boot from usb. I want to install it onto my ssd.

Socket 755 q9550

Gigabyte 965 ds3p

Ati black edition 7770

Samsung evo 120gb ssd

• It's sounds like the device is EFI booting and ends up following the "run" configuration (not sure how or why.. that's the only explanation). I've observed that EFI support tends to get worse the older machines are .. maybe that's the reason.

Anyway .. what happens when you type "installer" instead of leaving it alone?

• Ll8sMYf.jpg

mine just gets stuck here after i type installer

i just tested it on my main pc and it works fine with live/run but on my laptop it the installer gets stuck if i pick live it gets stuck the same if i pick run it says its partionioning then it reboots then a black screen : (

Edited once, last by Hakim567 (February 9, 2020 at 3:36 PM).

• Three suggestions that might work:

a) Enable "legacy boot" in BIOS settings which should disable EFI boot.

b) Boot from any other Linux distro USB and run "dd if=/path/to/LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.0.2.img of=/dev/sda bs=1M" (checking the disk you want to write to is /dev/sda .. and noting the image is uncompressed to .img not .img.gz). This writes the USB image to the HDD, and in theory this should boot, time out the same way, but this time it self-installs to the HDD not the USB so you end up with a working install.

c) Remove the HDD and put it in a USB caddy to write the image to the HDD .. different way to the same result as B.

A is easier than B which is marginally more complex but requires no extra hardware like C