Failed to start xorg help

• Model Identifier: MacbookPro16,1

Processor:2.3 GHz 8-core intel core i9

Ram: 32 GB

Hyper Threading enabled

GPU: Built-In. Intel UHD Graphics 630 and PCIe AMD Radeon Pro 5500M with 8 gb ram

• Code
    echo "i915" > /storage/.config/udev.d/blacklist.conf && reboot

See if blacklisting the Intel driver allows the Radeon GPU to be detected, and if that doesn't work, see if blacklisting "amdgpu" or "radeon" works instead. If neither works it's probably a missing PCI device ID in one of the drivers. That's my guess (and it's a guess).

• udev.d folder was not available on the specified path. So, I created that directory and tried with i915, amdgpu and radeon. it didn't work still xorg server failed to start. should I try anything else?

• mglae

first I tried with i915 then radeon both of them didn't work. I pasted code from syslinux.cfg

please let me know if I'm missing something

SAY Wait for run mode to start automatically in 5 seconds...

SAY

SAY Options

SAY =======

SAY installer: permanently install LibreELEC to HDD/SSD

SAY live: boot LibreELEC using RAM for temporary storage

SAY run: boot LibreELEC using this USB memory device for storage

SAY

DEFAULT run

TIMEOUT 50

PROMPT 1

LABEL installer

KERNEL /KERNEL

APPEND boot=UUID=2311-2503 installer quiet tty vga=current

LABEL live

KERNEL /KERNEL

APPEND boot=UUID=2311-2503 live quiet tty vga=current

LABEL run

KERNEL /KERNEL

APPEND boot=UUID=2311-2503 disk=UUID=7316a96d-76f4-4b28-97e3-f77cabcb70ff tty portable quiet initial_blacklist=i915_init

>

---------------------------------

SAY Wait for run mode to start automatically in 5 seconds...

SAY

SAY Options

SAY =======

SAY installer: permanently install LibreELEC to HDD/SSD

SAY live: boot LibreELEC using RAM for temporary storage

SAY run: boot LibreELEC using this USB memory device for storage

SAY

DEFAULT run

TIMEOUT 50

PROMPT 1

LABEL installer

KERNEL /KERNEL

APPEND boot=UUID=2311-2503 installer quiet tty vga=current

LABEL live

KERNEL /KERNEL

APPEND boot=UUID=2311-2503 live quiet tty vga=current

LABEL run

KERNEL /KERNEL

APPEND boot=UUID=2311-2503 disk=UUID=7316a96d-76f4-4b28-97e3-f77cabcb70ff tty portable quiet initial_blacklist=radeon_init

>

after checking the above, i tried with chewitt

echo "i915" > /storage/.config/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf && reboot

no luck there either.

• Thank you!

i tried with initcall_blacklist=i915_init and initcall_blacklist=radeon_init it didn’t work.

Then I took the kernel 5.5 build from the 618 link you provided LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 19.0)

i’m getting different error now when I try with my MacBook Pro. I tried the initcall_blacklist param on this updated alpha version too. Still got the same error. I attached the photo for your reference.

Thanks for your help.

• I'm getting out of ideas, just a few thoughts:

- The 5500M driver is "amdgpu", to blacklist it use initcall_blacklist=amdgpu_init (or initcall_blacklist=amdgpu_init,radeon_init)

- You can add textmode to the kernel parameters. On successful boot you get a text console and i.e. can use dmesg and journalctl for further research.

- Check apple community HW forums if there is any linux support today for the MacBook.

• I can't get that worked. will update if I find any other way. I bought RPI 4 to try on for now. RPI 4 is not showing my avr name in system/audio/audio output device. is there a way to make it show my receiver name there? thanks!