Please support .wav files in the library

• Most of my music collection is in .wav format and thats not going to change. I would like to use libreelec but the library tool fails to recognise .wav files even though they can be played one at a time or via manually created playlists. This is extremely frustrating, I would like to control what file formats are filtered from the library. MythTv was able to support .wav files in it's library by assuming the structure of MusicFolder/Artist/Album/Song which is exactly what most people using .wav files are using. Please allow the library to support .wav files. If there is an add-on that allows this, please let me know. Please don't talk to me about .flac or mp3, I really don't care what you like, .wav is what I like.

• I'm aware of how the library uses metadata embedded in each audio file but .wav files don't use metadata. In situations where the library search encounters a .wav file, the directory structure should be used to define the artist, album and song instead of skipping a supported file type.

• Wav supports ID3 tags. I assume your files doesn't have it? Can you upload one of yours wav files?

Example data from MediaInfo:

And again from the link above:

2 Understanding the Music Library

• The music library is based on scanning tags embedded in the music files. It ignores the folder names and structure and file names. Proper tagging is essential to ensure the library is populated correctly. Having slight variations in the tags for artist and album names could mean duplicated and unwanted entries.