Where to copy my media files? How to find destination folders in File Manager?

• Hi,

and sorry if this sounds exceedingly stupid. I have been using LibreELEC for a couple of years now on a Pi with (of course) external drives.

Now I installed it on an old PC with an internal drive using the USB-creator thingy. It all worked well. So far.

Now I want to copy my media files to the internal drive which, as I understand it, has been partitioned by LibreELEC into two drives by default.

So I went into the file manager and tried to find a place to copy my files. The only destination folder that seemed appropriate to me was the /library one, although I am (was) not really convinced. Is it part of my profile?

Either way, afte that I wanted to add those files to the library by scanning them. But I can not access this /library folder through the file browsers. There I can only find (empty) folders for Music, VIdeos, Pictures ... - those seem to be the right ones. But how can I access them through Settings -> File Manager in order to copy my files there? I must have missed something. Can you please give me a hint?

• The kodi file manager doesn´t have a source by default. You have to add the sources by adding the home folder or specific subfolders of that home folder. I don´t have a LE machine handy atm, but it might also be possible that "Home" is not visible. Then your "home"-folder is /storage/

You can also access those "Video", "Music" folders from any other PC in your network. Those folders are shares by default via SMB.

Please read the wiki for that: Accessing LibreELEC [LibreELEC.wiki]

After you have accessed those folders you can copy any files to those.

• Thanks DaVu. I have no problem at all accessing thos folders from outside. But why can't I access them through LibreELECs own internal File Manager? There I can not even get to /storage (I tried). As I said, maybe I am just missing something that is too obvious to my eye. I have used LibreELEC for years and copied files like crazy at times - but always to and from from externally attached drives.

• Hi Frank, did you manage to resolve this? Im trying to do exactly the same as you but it’s so confusing.. I’ve installed libreelec kodi on an old laptop and want to copy my music and videos from usb to the internal SSD, but how?