[unoffical] LE-9.2/9.80-Images for RK3229/RK3228

• MX4N are usually DDR2 boards - so go ahead and try V88Mars LibreELEC-RK322x.arm-9.2-devel-20200301143855-b58333a-rk3228b-v88marsII.img.gz (RK3229) or Alfawise A8 LibreELEC-RK322x.arm-9.2-devel-20200301143608-b58333a-rk3228b-a8.img.gz (RK3228) image. Try to avoid using UHS SD cards with this any of the curent builds.

Hi very kind to reply!

After searching for specs on the chips this is what I found:

Organization:| DDR3L-1333 (9-9-9)| Package |

-----------------------------------------------------------

512MB x4 | K4B2G0446D | 78 FBGA |

K4B2G0446D-HYH9 datasheet(5/64 Pages) SAMSUNG | 2Gb D-die DDR3L SDRAM
    //////////////////////////

My Board is V88-4k (not MINI, MARS or other that have different SOC)

Do you recommend the same?

pic front

z8OV0LrIJuQUOIcKfFSZDBgewrkFlkVSC73yw8aoAJgV3OM70JC8Z0b4XmlyIgZBNEvxPwL3oE1z6FAxfT9BXuMvmHJxz918PsrRyz2zeg0dXjv85CZDtb8oJcN9ugS_sH58wgh4xFoDJYG14pi7jCY1XJZP5RW6FdbhdDQGQva-JrBtrrsr_IdzgLTwpD2_X0GKx4dusbE8j5reoZy4K8M0csadBh6a1XH7aLcjcBBLPFSBs8J22_dC03ckENBD90305mKmHVrNoOGyjKeU25Bmp4jf30DKTSY_y9XDXSzUkg89JFnulgbdcHxVvuzqkdnaBn9BtM-BOUMxDl-HIXdd-upYgQ9YLZHybSvnrAo8ctGI1TcEVhjC_4e7aAwAWOeat8IH4bEOwlY80rjxW12TQuC6dcOeliLBTlx4pqO8QEaMdU1FFmjdNkHeWj2cf4Da47IyTI0YxfrIhQLquIpRjNNu66vWun6N89-_j9VXZfQVzOW8plz3PpfRgiVm0yzC8SpdR8HsLfoCG3LxQVezxbkWwzD20ihKWrQ2FM_g7gusX9LmrcupZPH5nlAvhR_9OvHtPspfwFaa99CIT4TKD7tiBKMD4HKW2hCa2DQakZaFnyQg4KdjAeBAfhuUyhOQfnsxZsUD0Cgi48kbqKtqaqt_Gf2tNwHGIZuTMGqEQxdnQ2ZNNVSugrjkwE8=w1272-h954-no

pic back

e2lYvZ0jMYJ9q0cxalLKnHly1Dt4bp9FBdIvQXzn_-nev1vMCklOt0H52sKbPERDdeJz6OHKJNrFAvH_ZRj2tw3sNmgYOCUyS5_juC4rPYI9Cim-bjbrImdudhO6r94aJmopp2aSf7CUWvYFhxMr9CSYNhTEpGCtMc8Obl7kfqCP4rHtQHceviNMJ_v4fQKGXs5GfLYZvXZSEdSYqo1H5NWpJkgehVybPk6m1fA9PFfSYbeMo2KJ28QHs9mjY0sZA2KsKoMt9CY7JkgRpCwa7kk-Jl2rhOq-q3YK_s2SfCOOdBsZp5eOyl4bCHuxFEgncilL56R5oAty9rZ-zlISKbvlMjLMHoARh_9JaqDTDQ6ycCQRIqFIAYI97HOLQaq4XcSFh8WIf4n-3UJuP2DKC2NxudbwbWgW36vciC42HpFY5DAPMHOKiAoHWi_YNFjpaQF3q26ORP5M0M-p8ADfa5HDKiqJ3kIEcizudFTvWhmdntpLVFyal7vU_FwzsQJWpehK0acxrKVrifjQeWPHNfa5JqeXYHCnGpHpDqcui4NfoNBCf8_lGVgaYlsVwFx4l527NfLLyfUYlxl9inMMDM4dmU9rFHnkqABVt3x6TKSURcRK99E0p9YuxDGdEEeM4IzArzZn2VSTT40VQhSJkIbaLw2QbNiCq_Wu8JOj8P4qSxWK2M8wrjZFux7y1QU=w1272-h954-no

• I've a similar board (mine is mx4vr-v01). The image that works for me is the one for "MXQ 4K Pro, RK3228A, DDR3".

Probably you need to replace kernel dtb because in my case the image boots, turn on blue led but freeze with blank screen.

So I've extracted the dtb from my android firmware and used that.

• for knaerzche , I've finally discovered what not works on my box with your images. This is my dts coded on top of an rk3228b box dts.

I've disabled dmc and some sdmmc commands that hangs the sd controller.

• I've a similar board (mine is mx4vr-v01). The image that works for me is the one for "MXQ 4K Pro, RK3228A, DDR3".

Probably you need to replace kernel dtb because in my case the image boots, turn on blue led but freeze with blank screen.

So I've extracted the dtb from my android firmware and used that.

That one is a MXQ 4K (without Pro), so you get RK3228A and DDR2 memories (not DDR3).

• Hi jock2, I'm a bit confused about what is my real model, but i think it's normal with this chinese boxes.

v88-box.jpg

v88-board-cpu.jpg

I've only tried almost all images (also the one for rk3229) and the only that boots is the one for the mx4 4k pro with my modified dtb.

• GRegNfo: Yes, I'd still recommand the the V88Mars Image - the actual DRAM chips don't matter that much in that case, because DMC get disabled with it. Its always safe to use it (as I wrote before) - but it might be slow. There are thousands of different DRAM configurations - the v884k image is made is based on an image that was extracted from an V884k. A friend of mine is using it on a daily basis, without any problems. You could also try any other RK3229 DDR3 Image - maybe there is one that works for you

ilmich

For RK3228 devices with DDR2 - you could also have used the Alfawise A8 image - which does exactly what you did with your dtb. For the SD Card prob (as writtten before): Try to avoid using UHS cards, as only UHS SDR 104 cards are working (for some reason).

I will change that with the upcoming images.

Edit since your actual device is a RK3229: Use V88 Mars either - its the one made vor RK3229/DDR2 (see first post)

• Trust me guys, all rk3229 images not works for me. Now I've tried rk3229 - V88mars but it won't boot (only red led).

Then I've flashed trust.img for rk3228x and boot with blu led but hangs (no sdcard).

Finally I've replaced the dtb with mine (without uhs support for sd card controller) and all works.

Sadly I'm not able to debug via uart (not visible pins on my board) to see why my rk3229 box seems to be another thing.

EDIT: I'm not using uhs cards because I've discovered that my sd controller does not support uhs at all (this is why the controller crash on boot, kernel try to send some commands for uhs supports, but controller never responds) so the only fix is to disabling it.

Edited once, last by ilmich (April 22, 2020 at 11:32 AM).

• V88mars but it won't boot (only red led).

Please double check, not to use v88marsII, but v88mars image - red led indicates that the kernel has been loaded (as it gets turned on by the kernel)

I'm not using uhs cards because I've discovered that my sd controller does not support uhs at all

Hhhm, the card showed on your pics is a UHS1-Card.

Hhhm, the card showed on your pics is a UHS1-Card.

you are right, sorry.

However my aim is to share with other peoples my tests and some coding in order to help development.. But thanks to your hard works, my box with some tricks works even with uhs1 (I've also rebuilt kernel and installed Slackware for fun). Discover what exactly was wrong with your images or what model exactly I've buyed is only for that. If you think are useless I stop spaming ;)

v88Plug_slackware.jpg

Edited 2 times, last by ilmich (April 22, 2020 at 12:42 PM).

• Any tipps and hints are always appreciated :)

But I guess must of the stuff you wrote will irritate people more than it helps, 'cause its unnecessary, if the first post is read carefully. I already announed the SD-Card problem and asked people to use DTBs from the older release if they encounter problems with booting.

BTW: Would be great if you relase source / write an howto for your slackware attempt like jock2 did it for armbian.

• Anyone know what model this is? I opened it up and on the board it says G11_RK3229_V1.0 UltraMX 2016-12-07

v88 mars img works on it -- however, the remote doesnt work. Any tutorial on how to get the remote to work?

Another question - how do i flash this IMG? It is currently only booting off the sdcard but i cant seem to get it to stick on the device itself.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

PS. Thumbs up all-round to you and and all the contributors! Many many thanks.

• Regarding sd card you are right, my fault. But i've started playing with this box a weeks ago, so if you tell me "double check" ;)

BTW: Would be great if you relase source / write an howto for your slackware attempt like jock2 did it for armbian.

Maybe in my spare time, but substantially starting from your image (for the uboot/trust parts) I've only recompiled kernel (disabling initramfs that load libreelec squashfs filesystem) and followed the README

• Hi jock2, I'm a bit confused about what is my real model, but i think it's normal with this chinese boxes.

Ahah, we're all confused trust me!

In the same chassis of yours (MXQ Pro 4K) I have a DDR3 rk3228b board signed as r329q v3.1, instead in another one (MXQ 4K) there is a rk3228a DDR2 board signed as xt-mx4vr-v01 ;(

If you could share your trick the let UHS mode work would be greatly appreciated!

• v88 mars img works on it -- however, the remote doesnt work. Any tutorial on how to get the remote to work?

About remote read this Infrared Remotes [LibreELEC.wiki] .

Perhaps it will be enough to determine the IR protocol, read the remote control codes, create a configuration file for your remote and assign it.

Everything worked out for me.

Only SUSPEND and WAKEUP failed won't work.

PS From windows I use tools WinSCP for file manager, and PuTTY for SSH Command Line Interface

Edited 3 times, last by Maker39: PS From windows I use tools WinSCP for file manager, and PyTTY for SSH Command Line Interface. (April 22, 2020 at 10:28 PM).

If you could share your trick the let UHS mode work would be greatly appreciated!

I don't have a fix for UHS.. I've disabled it so my card works slower, but works. :)

knaerzche has explained this better in older post

Edited 2 times, last by ilmich (April 22, 2020 at 4:47 PM).

• About remote read this Infrared Remotes [LibreELEC.wiki] .

Perhaps it will be enough to determine the IR protocol, read the remote control codes, create a configuration file for your remote and assign it.

Everything worked out for me.

Only SUSPEND and WAKEUP failed won't work.

PS From windows I use tools WinSCP for file manager, and PuTTY for SSH Command Line Interface

Thanks ill poke around and see what i can do.

Edit: i tried all the different files in /usr/lib/udev/rc_keymaps/ and none worked.

Any idea how i can "capture" the codes from the remote IR transmitter and map these myself?

And do i need to do something to load the driver for the remote or is that automatically loaded?

Edited 2 times, last by HowWeDo22 (April 23, 2020 at 1:11 AM).

• Thanks ill poke around and see what i can do.

Edit: i tried all the different files in /usr/lib/udev/rc_keymaps/ and none worked.

Any idea how i can "capture" the codes from the remote IR transmitter and map these myself?

And do i need to do something to load the driver for the remote or is that automatically loaded?

Try "Configuration, the hard way" Infrared Remotes [LibreELEC.wiki]

it's really easy

In short :Determining the remote protocolInfrared Remotes [LibreELEC.wiki]

If you discovered the correct protocol you should see EV_MSC events together

with the scancode of the button. eg:

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # ir-keytable -p rc-5 -t
    Protocols changed to rc-5
    Testing events. Please, press CTRL-C to abort.
    1503592437.660155: event type EV_MSC(0x04): scancode = 0x101a
    1503592437.660155: event type EV_SYN(0x00).
    1503592437.774129: event type EV_MSC(0x04): scancode = 0x101a
    1503592437.774129: event type EV_SYN(0x00).
    1503592437.921009: event type EV_MSC(0x04): scancode = 0x101a

1. Create /storage/.config/rc_keymaps/my_custom_remote with headers and containing the scancodes of the buttons on your remote eg.

Code
    # table my_custom_remote, type: RC5
    0x101a KEY_UP
    0x101b KEY_DOWN
    0x1013 KEY_LEFT
    0x1014 KEY_RIGHT
    0x1015 KEY_OK

2. Create /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg contain

Code
    * * my_custom_remote

Edited 3 times, last by Maker39 (April 23, 2020 at 6:33 AM).

• knaerzche : Hi, you where right, by default Lakka is using the tv max resolution, so setting it to 1920*1080 manually did the trick, but now i see there is no sound, got to work on that :P so Thanks for the info!!!!

MIKMXIII : Hi, how i did it is not very simple, but i cloned the two github repo on my computer, put the folder rockchip from the project directory from knaerzche to the project directory of Lakka, replaced also rkbin, linux, linux-firmware, linux-drivers-addons, linux-drivers, u-boot from the knaerzche source to the Lakka source folder, compile everything and it worked, (without sound) i tried parallel-n64, Super Mario 64 was working (sloooow), emulator for older machines (like NES ans SNES) was working fine, but without sound. i ran into several build before it compile correctly, so its a try and error thing.